::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The further adventures of growing older. . .

I've learned that seasonal allergies can trigger an arthritis flare up.

#gettingoldsucksbutitsgoodtobealive
oh man that sucks. I don't have any allergies that I know of but there's a crap ton of arthritis in my family. My mom had it terrible in her hands.
My hands used to ache a lot of the time but since becoming a massage therapist they don't. Not sure why but I'm hoping I've dodged that bullet.

World, meet Poppy! (who will probably get her name changed to Beautiful or something more fitting). She is NOT what I went looking for! She is 9 months old and VERY shy. She was staying up on a shelf away from everyone else. She did let me scratch her and she rubbed back a little. She also touched my nose with her nose! I hope she eventually comes out of her carrier, but that will be on her terms. She may have been a feral cat and they have really worked with her. She has a long way to go, but she is going to be spoiled ROTTEN if she will let me!

Ok, maybe she was what I went looking for - a cat who needed to be loved and spoiled!

I got her at the local Humane Society. Much better experience than yesterday. It is a great place! I thought about getting 2 and was going to, but they wanted her to go home alone because they felt that was in her best interest. They have the cat's best interest at heart. They could have gotten rid of two, but wanted what was best for the cats. They said she would be fine alone. I took some cat food to donate and also left some extra money for them.

Her adoption fee was $100 but I paid $9! They are trying to get the cats adopted so they are letting cats go based on the number of points the Carolina Panthers make each week! SWEET!! But still, they have the cat's best interest at heart as you can see above. I will be donating there more often!

I think I am going to call her Beautiful and call her Beauty for short. Click on the pic to enlarge. She definitely is a Beauty!
View attachment 103236

World, meet Poppy! (who will probably get her name changed to Beautiful or something more fitting). She is NOT what I went looking for! She is 9 months old and VERY shy. She was staying up on a shelf away from everyone else. She did let me scratch her and she rubbed back a little. She also touched my nose with her nose! I hope she eventually comes out of her carrier, but that will be on her terms. She may have been a feral cat and they have really worked with her. She has a long way to go, but she is going to be spoiled ROTTEN if she will let me!

Ok, maybe she was what I went looking for - a cat who needed to be loved and spoiled!

I got her at the local Humane Society. Much better experience than yesterday. It is a great place! I thought about getting 2 and was going to, but they wanted her to go home alone because they felt that was in her best interest. They have the cat's best interest at heart. They could have gotten rid of two, but wanted what was best for the cats. They said she would be fine alone. I took some cat food to donate and also left some extra money for them.

Her adoption fee was $100 but I paid $9! They are trying to get the cats adopted so they are letting cats go based on the number of points the Carolina Panthers make each week! SWEET!! But still, they have the cat's best interest at heart as you can see above. I will be donating there more often!

I think I am going to call her Beautiful and call her Beauty for short. Click on the pic to enlarge. She definitely is a Beauty!
View attachment 103236

Congrats Jan!

Thanks, guys!

I wish she would come out, but she has been through a lot today with all the people and the trip home. It has only been a couple of hours. She is probably exhausted.

I am hungry! Haven't eaten since breakfast! I think I will go out and get something and let her rest without worrying about me.

View attachment 103236

Yay for her, and congrats to you! She'll come out when she's ready. She just doesn't know what she's missing, yet....

Oh she's gorgeous Jan! Congratulations. I'm so happy for the both of you.

Thanks, guys!

I took her carrier over to the window and enticed her to come out! The window is her favorite place to be, so that's good!

View attachment 103245

I have yet to meet a cat who didn't enjoy a window seat. I saw a cool windowsill ledge for sale at a pet store, once. It just hooked onto the still, without hardware, and was wider than the still, and both flat and carpeted. Kitty heaven!

I have yet to meet a cat who didn't enjoy a window seat. I saw a cool windowsill ledge for sale at a pet store, once. It just hooked onto the still, without hardware, and was wider than the still, and both flat and carpeted. Kitty heaven!

I had one of those for Ellie - before they put in my replacement windows. Now there is a ridge that sticks up. I'll have to put some shims on either side of that ridge so it will lay flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom