::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody tried the Lamy Dialog 3? I guess I never will, at that price, but I think it's a great idea. It seems it's a retractable fountain pen, without a cap. It has a twist-grip barrel that moves the nib in and out....

Has anybody tried the Lamy Dialog 3? I guess I never will, at that price, but I think it's a great idea. It seems it's a retractable fountain pen, without a cap. It has a twist-grip barrel that moves the nib in and out....

The Lamy Safari is more my price range, and I love mine....

Jon I feel your pain. Lots of vendors here seem to do stuff on the cheap, or have difficulty realizing that support systems need business-level OS.
We have clients that we quote them a PC, they say too expensive, go to Best Buy and get something with Windows 7 Home, and then call us to make it work,
and spend more than the money they "saved" in the process.

I was at a golf course whose entire POS system runs on Windows 7. They had a Windows 2008R2 server just sitting there literally doing nothing, and all application shares were on two other servers, Windows 2000 and Windows 2003.
Crazy.

Hey Damon, is Uber catching on in Hawaii yet?

Still trying to plan out this whole retirement thing. When I can't drive anymore I'll still need to get to stores and doctors and stuff but I don't want public transportation availability to completely dictate where I look for housing.

Still trying to plan out this whole retirement thing. When I can't drive anymore I'll still need to get to stores and doctors and stuff but I don't want public transportation availability to completely dictate where I look for housing.

And you're thinking Uber will be an option? That's years away Gary. I'm sure there will be all sorts of options by the time you retire.

The Pilot Vanishing Point also has a retractable nib and I believe is quite a bit cheaper (and a fantastic pen). It has a click top, though there is a version that has a twist (only available direct from Japan, I think). Ben had one and really liked it - can't remember why he sold it.

The Pilot Vanishing Point also has a retractable nib and I believe is quite a bit cheaper (and a fantastic pen). It has a click top, though there is a version that has a twist (only available direct from Japan, I think). Ben had one and really liked it - can't remember why he sold it.

I've found that I don't have many opportunities to write with an actual pen.

They are supposed to teach a "science" concept through the food.

They could have done how to process the corn by soaking it in alkaline water, but so far no science for anything.

I've found that I don't have many opportunities to write with an actual pen.

Even less so for me, I imagine. The only writing I find I do at home is grocery lists. A fountain pen isn't practical for the quick, shorthand notes I jot down while on the phone at work.

As much as I dig fountain pens, I don't really use them much....

This has been an unusual work week for me. I am usually off on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but yesterday I worked for an hour and a half or so while a co-worker went to doctor's appointment. Tomorrow I'm working 9-5 to cover for the other driver, who asked for the day off.

Although I'm never scheduled for Saturday's, this week I'm working 8-12 to cover for a different co-worker.

It should look nice in my paycheck, but I don't want to make a habit of it....;)

I'm a little sore from my workout this morning. The little dog is curled up on my thighs. The weight and the warm feels good on my hamstrings.

Last edited:
The company that handles payroll at my husband's job majorly screwed up. It looks like his boss is covering his pay until they fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom