::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my extra dinner that I packed for my lunch is still sitting in the fridge at home.

I had to improvise in my classroom so I made some tuna fish, that I topped with cheddar cheese on top of some tortilla chips. Melted the cheese in the over.

Way more tasty than what I had imagined!

I love getting off a plane in a foreign country and smelling the air. Jakarta smells the best so far, faint fragrance of cloves.

It's not quite the same in Honolulu anymore, but in Hawaii literally as soon as they crack the seal on the door you smell the fragrant air. I really noticed it when I flew to Hilo earlier this year.

It's not quite the same in Honolulu anymore, but in Hawaii literally as soon as they crack the seal on the door you smell the fragrant air. I really noticed it when I flew to Hilo earlier this year.

Same in NJ only difference is the exhaust you smell instead.....

Our realtor just popped in. Wish we had known. The place was a little bit of a wreck but not bad. And we are still unpacking crap so there's that.

The service technician we called came and got our broken washing machine open, so we could get the wet clothes out. They had been in there for two days.

He says the door lock is broken, and has to be replaced. The part costs $107, and his service fee is $100. He suggested that we try to convince Whirlpool to send us the part for free, since the machine is so new (but out of warranty).

Elaine made the call, and was determined to have her way. End result? Whirlpool is sending a different technician to fix the washer, for free. We called the first guy back, and agreed on $75 for the work he had already done.

Not too bad....

Yay for whirlpool!

I moderate a locally based profession oriented FB group. There’s been some drama and I’ve drawn fire. I don’t take it personally, but’s it’s been a challenge to effectively communicate with someone who is very upset and unwilling to see any other side but their own.

The other groups I mod for are all UWC related. Fortunately those are easy to moderate.

I like cooking, but tend to get distracted or wander off in the middle of things.

I flip flop. I’m a pretty good cook and there’s lots of times I enjoy it. Other times, it’s just another chore on my list that I feel resentful about doing. I have a few lazy meals I can throw together when I’m feeling like the latter.

Not unlike any other city. I have heard during warm months there can be a bit of an odor from the canals, but this is my second trip there is cool weather and I've never noticed any unusual smell. We had a slight Acqua Alta while we were there, when the tide rises and water comes into the city. In San Marco, the lowest-lying part of the city, there was perhaps a 1/2 inch of water, which was easily avoided by staying to the edges. When it's worse, they have a system of temporary walkways that raise you about a foot off the ground. Since it's tides and not flooding, its all gone after the tide goes out.

Thank you! I am very curious about it there. It seems like such an odd way to live.

I moderate a locally based profession oriented FB group. There’s been some drama and I’ve drawn fire. I don’t take it personally, but’s it’s been a challenge to effectively communicate with someone who is very upset and unwilling to see any other side but their own.

The other groups I mod for are all UWC related. Fortunately those are easy to moderate.

I used to run a forum for military wives. Like, I owned it.

There are people who are STILL mad at me for setting boundaries.

I love getting off a plane in a foreign country and smelling the air. Jakarta smells the best so far, faint fragrance of cloves.

We always pick up the scent of plumeria (and jet fuel) when we get off the plane in Kona.

Do you eat the patties like a burger?

I should start having a fish night.

It's really a struggle to cook at home. I have to make sure I'm prepared well ahead of time and then usually I have to forego working after school so I can get home with enough time to prepare, eat and clean. Sometimes Mika will clean up but with both our jobs we have to take work home every day so it's a struggle to prepare meals at home.

No bread. Just the pattie.
Flour, egg and onions, and some Mrs. Dash. Cooked in pan, in a little olive oil.

Salmon patties are the very worst thing from my childhood. I DO NOT like salmon, and my mom's appalling salmon patties may be part of the reason why. I would come in the kitchen and see her crushing saltine crackers and just start crying.

Ah... Also some nice fresh sliced tomatoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom