::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no, Soo! You mean to tell me you are . . . (shudder) . . . human?!?!?! :p

Go easy on yourself. Bri didn't starve and the client cancelled. You've had a lot to deal with. Give your some grace, please!

(((Soo)))

Thanks, Jan! I pretty much told someone else something similar a week ago. Compassion for self is as important as compassion for others. Doing it is different than knowing it.

I took Bry our to dinner on Friday after I picked her up from the theater. She said she and her friends think I’m a pretty cool mom. She’s been hearing how a lot of her friends get into some pretty heated arguments with their moms. She’s glad we don’t argue very often and it’s all pretty civil. She said she even admitted to her friends she likes to hang out with me. Gives me the warm fuzzies.

Today is the ukulele party. Almost done with the cleaning. Ham goes in the oven at 2 or 3. We have a countertop convection oven for parties, so I'll still be able to bake cookies and make roasted potatoes and onions while the ham is cooking.

It won't be a big party this year but I think we'll have a good time.

I’m wondering how this went? That’s probably answered already, so I’ll read on.

James has been sick too and didn't play basketball on Fri/Sat. Yesterday he wanted to try. He went in, ripped off a quick 9 points in 6 minutes, asked the coach to come out, coughed until he threw up in a garbage can and then lay down on the sideline the rest of the game.

He said he felt fine he just couldn't take deep breaths. And when he did he would start coughing. he asked the coach if he could go back in because they were getting slaughtered but the coach told him no.

Aw, poor guy. Hope he feels better soon.

How about the moms with children and a dog looking especially hungry. We have a lot of those here.

I saw a young haole guy flying a sign that was way too difficult to read, it was mounted to his bike, and he and his happy, healthy looking dog were standing by the side of the road, in the rain, during rush hour traffic.
My only thought was "that poor dog, he does not deserve that life. Set him free so he can do what he wants."

Seriously, one of those guys that looks like nothing is wrong with them.

I took Bry our to dinner on Friday after I picked her up from the theater. She said she and her friends think I’m a pretty cool mom. She’s been hearing how a lot of her friends get into some pretty heated arguments with their moms. She’s glad we don’t argue very often and it’s all pretty civil. She said she even admitted to her friends she likes to hang out with me. Gives me the warm fuzzies.

That's how one wins the being-the-parent-of-a-teenager game!! Good for you guys!!

It looks like we were spared the lake effect snow they warned us about, at least here at my house. Lake effect can be very localised. You can get lots in one area, and none a mile away.

I expect I'll see it as I travel out and about today....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom