::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a slight problem, though . . .

I am preaching on Sunday so I will have to spend some time writing my sermon.

Wonder which one will suffer the most - the ukulele playing or the sermon writing? :p

This time of year I experience something that very few people on earth experience. In the evenings when the heat dies off and the dew starts to form, my bee hives exude a very strong smell, it is the goldenrod honey drying in the combs. I can smell it from 100 yards away, kind of a strong, musky, butterscotch smell is the best way I can describe it. I love it mostly because it's almost like a secret that no one else knows about.

Really tired from the rainy trip and had to eat lunch when I got home, but I think this is going to be my new best friend.

I tried the Opio, Pono Mahogany, Pono Acacia, and this one - Pono Mango. I liked the sound of this one the best. I think it was quieter but fuller (deeper?).

Much quieter than the one I had. Much quieter than the Opio. Has a really rich sound. Great sustain. Beautiful wood.

Funny. The pattern in the ukulele reminds me of cat fur! :p
View attachment 94805

Hope this one is a keeper. Looks lovely.

There is a slight problem, though . . .

I am preaching on Sunday so I will have to spend some time writing my sermon.

Wonder which one will suffer the most - the ukulele playing or the sermon writing? :p
Tie them together somehow. What's the sermon topic?

Tie them together somehow. What's the sermon topic?

The sermon topic is from a verse in Jeremiah - Seek the welfare of the city. Even though the people were in exile, they were to seek the welfare of those around them. (Like me being stuck in that job I have - I need to seek the welfare of the kids and those around me regardless of how I am affected). God always preaches at me when I preach!

Oooooh!!!! No have your topic!!! Make a joyful noise unto the Lord! (Did I get it right?)

Darn! That would have been perfect!!! Unfortunately, it isn't one of the lectionary readings this week and I already sent my sermon title in for the bulletin!

But, I will keep that for future reference . . . PLUS I do a children's sermon every week . . . hm . . .

Really tired from the rainy trip and had to eat lunch when I got home, but I think this is going to be my new best friend.

I tried the Opio, Pono Mahogany, Pono Acacia, and this one - Pono Mango. I liked the sound of this one the best. I think it was quieter but fuller (deeper?).

Much quieter than the one I had. Much quieter than the Opio. Has a really rich sound. Great sustain. Beautiful wood.

Funny. The pattern in the ukulele reminds me of cat fur! :p
View attachment 94805

Congratulations! Sweet axe!

Hope this one is a keeper. Looks lovely.

Sounds lovely, too. I am sure it is a keeper. It isn't bothering my ears like the other one - it was so loud and so "sharp". I now know that I need to stay away from spruce sound boards. Too much for me.

This time of year I experience something that very few people on earth experience. In the evenings when the heat dies off and the dew starts to form, my bee hives exude a very strong smell, it is the goldenrod honey drying in the combs. I can smell it from 100 yards away, kind of a strong, musky, butterscotch smell is the best way I can describe it. I love it mostly because it's almost like a secret that no one else knows about.
How wonderful. Sounds like happy smells.

Thread Information

There are currently 19 users browsing this thread. (4 members and 15 guests)

gyosh, mailman+, Ukulelerob+, Uncle Rod Higuchi

Hey Look! An uncle rod sighting!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom