::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mahalo Rob!
It's funny, there were a few songs on the list I did not really know that well. Uncle Bernard Kalua was playing at Canoe Hut tonight. He is like a human Hawaiian Music jukebox. Whenever there was a lull, or they could not decide what song to play, I called out one of the songs on the list I was not familiar with. Boom! Uncle Bernard played it.
Afterwards he said, "Ho, you get plenty songs tonight!" I then confessed about needing to know those songs for kanikapila-he laughed :D

Mahalo Rob!
It's funny, there were a few songs on the list I did not really know that well. Uncle Bernard Kalua was playing at Canoe Hut tonight. He is like a human Hawaiian Music jukebox. Whenever there was a lull, or they could not decide what song to play, I called out one of the songs on the list I was not familiar with. Boom! Uncle Bernard played it.
Afterwards he said, "Ho, you get plenty songs tonight!" I then confessed about needing to know those songs for kanikapila-he laughed :D

It sounds like you are living the dream.

HOLY COW! A tornado touched down in the little village of Manzanita on the Oregon Coast! I don't think I've ever heard of a tornado on the coast!

My stepson, who lives in Portland, is currently somewhere on the Oregon coast, house sitting for a friend. I know my wife has been in touch, so I'm sure he's fine, but that's some scary weather....

I'm on my way to the weekly jam, and have stopped for breakfast first. The interesting thing about today is that I may come away from there with an upright bass in my truck.

One of the guys at the jam, the one who owns the house where we meet, has an old bass for sale....cheap. I told my friend at work about it, and he's ready to buy it, sight unseen. I have his $300 in my pocket.

The only possible glitch is that one of the other jam members has been given first dibs. If he passes on it, I'll be picking up the bass for my buddy....

I'm still intrigued by the bass. I admire people who can play bass well. I think that if I were ever to take music lessons, I'd probably choose bass. It would probably help me to learn and understand the fundamentals of music theory, assuming I started right from scratch, like a kid in grade school would....

The local town is preparing for its bicentennial celebration. As one part of the fund raising effort, they are putting on a "Ghost Walk". Folks buy tickets to be lead on a walk through the village, encountering actors along the way who present scary stories, often with a local connection. There are ten stops for stories, in all.

Elaine and I are volunteering again this year (they started the Ghost Walk last year) as guides. Last year they held it on a Friday night, and sold out. They had to turn people away who wanted to go.

So, this year they are holding it both Friday and Saturday night, and they sold out again! Rather then turn people away this year, they are trying to squeeze them in, and make the groups bigger.

We had perfect weather last night, and all went beautifully. The same is expected for tonight. And, we're having a full moon this weekend, which is perfect....

I'm still intrigued by the bass. I admire people who can play bass well. I think that if I were ever to take music lessons, I'd probably choose bass. It would probably help me to learn and understand the fundamentals of music theory, assuming I started right from scratch, like a kid in grade school would....

Music theory is music theory, though. You can learn it without an instrument.

When I met with the doc he explained to me how as you age there is a normal decrease in your ability to retain information. When you learn something in your youth it sticks with you after just a couple reviews. When you are older you have to repeat things many more times before they are committed to memory.

So languages, music, etc should all be taught when you are young.

When I met with the doc he explained to me how as you age there is a normal decrease in your ability to retain information. When you learn something in your youth it sticks with you after just a couple reviews. When you are older you have to repeat things many more times before they are committed to memory.

Yep. And it sucks.

Maybe our brains just become more discerning as to what is important.

I love playing the bass!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom