::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I booked a hotel room in Salem, Oregon, on August 16 so we can be there to view the total eclipse of the sun on the morning of the 17th. My family thinks I'm crazy. But this is an incredibly rare thing! Most people never get to see one - for me and Sheryl it will be our second!

Look what came today!!!

16113444_10208013421040148_7127323504665890340_o.jpg

On the agenda for today: walking, swimming, playing shuffleboard, grocery shopping and probably baking brownies. Maybe a bike ride, too....

Baking brownies? You are retired and IN Florida! Ha!

I booked a hotel room in Salem, Oregon, on August 16 so we can be there to view the total eclipse of the sun on the morning of the 17th. My family thinks I'm crazy. But this is an incredibly rare thing! Most people never get to see one - for me and Sheryl it will be our second!

Wishing you a cloudless evening!

What kind of moron designs a bluetooth headset that won't play music and doesn't even put that in the Amazon description?

Oh! I wanna be there! The thing is if my sister hadn't changed dates with the cousins at our cabin we'd be heading back from it about that time. Dang.

We will be at our cabin the last two weeks of July. There WILL be a ukulele weekend. I really hope you and your family can come. Soo too. And anyone else that can make it. I'll let you know dates soon.

James' school basketball coach is an idiot.

She calls off practice and expects us to just be able to run over and pick our kids up after saying that practices would be held rain or shine (if it rains they are supposed to go over plays and such in the cafeteria) until 4:00pm. I've made arrangements with daycare accordingly.

It's because of her dumbass James was left at school one day. She never communicated a schedule to the parents but she "told the kids."

I really dislike her.

No sense of responsibility.

She calls off practice and expects us to just be able to run over and pick our kids up after saying that practices would be held rain or shine (if it rains they are supposed to go over plays and such in the cafeteria) until 4:00pm. I've made arrangements with daycare accordingly.

It's because of her dumbass James was left at school one day. She never communicated a schedule to the parents but she "told the kids."

I really dislike her.

i bet she's young without kids.

We went to dinner at some friends' apartment last night. She made meatloaf, which was delicious.

Then we were taught a new (to us) card game called "Hand and Foot". It was really fun! Has anyone else here ever played?

You're making retirement sound awesome.

I really dislike her.

Do California schools even have a gym? Or do the kids just go outside?

Lots of rain in Northern California...
Growing up in Southern California, yes most schools had a gym, that was where we went to play Dodge Ball when it rained. :D
In PE (this is somewhat tony Newport Beach remember) most activities were outdoor - the usual football/baseball/basketball but also water polo and tennis.
My favourite elementary school which I did not get to attend was RIGHT ON THE BEACH. They actually paved a large area of the sand so the kids would have a blacktop to play basketball and tetherball and hopscotch etc at recess.
That blacktop was basically all the kids' beachside roller skating rink in the summer.
I have seen some schools in Hawaii like that too.

We have gyms but most of the time PE is held outside in the schools around me. I can remember sitting in the gym on rainy days or playing indoor volleyball or dodgeball. The pools are outside at my city's school except for the old gym at my junior high that is meow owned by the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom