::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get some fish from Costco and practice. Fish, cooking for that matter, is all about confidence.

Blue Apron helps with confidence. We've had no problems with technique; everything is well explained. Most recipes we'd be able to repeat on our own. Meals go together in about 45 minutes. It reminds us of what we used to be able to do. The value lies in having the ingredients just show up in the right quantities.

I am someone who apparently prefers raw fish to cooked fish.
I keep wanting to like salmon, it looks appetizing, but it usually tastes too fishy for me.
I know I like Opah, wahoo, Ono, Ahi (who doesn't!) and monchong. I will eat mahimahi too.
I would prefer to like a local fresh fish than Costco salmon.

Yeah last night this guy custom ordered his salmon, it looked super good.
The chef pierced the flesh with a knife while squeezing lemon against the blade near the hilt. Added tons of minced garlic, then poured shoyu and Sriracha on it, and crisped up the crust on it. Looked pretty good except for the salmon part.

Yeah last night this guy custom ordered his salmon, it looked super good.
The chef pierced the flesh with a knife while squeezing lemon against the blade near the hilt. Added tons of minced garlic, then poured shoyu and Sriracha on it, and crisped up the crust on it. Looked pretty good except for the salmon part.

The whole thing sounds fabulous to me.

I cook salmon many different ways, it’s my favorite fish. Recently I buy a whole filet, make a heavy foil (greased) pan to place it skinside down, top it with lots of fresh chopped dill, squeeze a lemon, drizzle with butter, thinly sliced lemon (cover the top of the fish with slices), salt and lots of pepper. Place on hot bbq and turn down. Close top and let it baked 20 minute.
Sooo goood

I cook salmon many different ways, it’s my favorite fish. Recently I buy a whole filet, make a heavy foil (greased) pan to place it skinside down, top it with lots of fresh chopped dill, squeeze a lemon, drizzle with butter, thinly sliced lemon (cover the top of the fish with slices), salt and lots of pepper. Place on hot bbq and turn down. Close top and let it baked 20 minute.
Sooo goood

Yeah my mom used to do this all the time too, in the oven as well. Again, it looks really good, and I do try it just to make sure, but just not my thing.
I think it would work well with one of those other fishes I know I like though.

Just heard they had a 6.9 earthquake on Big Island.
Pele is blowing off some steam!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom