::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[video]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fup liftingcontent%2Fvideos%2F1052217734866827%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="420" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>[/video]

trying to see if this will post here

[video]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fup liftingcontent%2Fvideos%2F1052217734866827%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="420" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>[/video]

trying to see if this will post here

Nope.

Maybe this?

Last edited:
Okay, found it on YouTube

Going to show this to my kiddos and have them write with the prompt:

"We are one because . . ." or "We are one even if . . ."

Any thoughts to make it better or more impactful?

Perfect! I got chewed out royally on Sunday for telling the children there was hate and bad things in the world. I had a pic of a dandelion poking through cement and told them God's love was stronger than hate and that we should be that way, too.

The lady chewed me out at the door as others watched. She said I was full of anger and that children needed to hear happy things and goodness not hate. Hm . . . I guess God's love doesn't qualify as a good thing to her. :confused: And the anger she heard was her own voice, not mine.

She had already spoken out after my offertory prayer loud enough to be heard. "What did that have to do with the offering?!" She was mad because I had prayed about the hatred and injustice in the world.

Oh, she's a strong supporter of "He who shall not be named".

How did the senior pastor react?

I chased Rev. Andy down during coffee hour to let him know how much I appreciated his frankness. Our congregation is very progressive - I doubt there's a Trumpian in the room, so in that sense he was probably preaching to the choir. But I liked that he didn't pull punches in his sermon. It was especially brave of him because he's been on the job less than two months - our old number three retired in May, and our number two was reassigned in the end of June, so both of our non-senior pastors are brand new.

Mine were $4000 and my insurance paid $500. How can they do that?! These stupid things are a work necessity!

You live in the United States, where freedom means you don't have guaranteed health care. You're lucky insurance paid anything - Sheryl's grandma has to pay 100% out of pocket for hers.

Depends who's doing the inspecting I think.

Luckily I got outer bits except for that one test where I am probed. This year that hey skipped that one. It was a lady dr filling in for my normal male dr. I was glad she didn't want to do it and I am sure she was glad not to do it as well.

Luckily I got outer bits except for that one test where I am probed. This year that hey skipped that one. It was a lady dr filling in for my normal male dr. I was glad she didn't want to do it and I am sure she was glad not to do it as well.

I kinda meant "playing" doctor.

You could hear a pin drop in my class except for the movie Ratatouille playing.

Kids are still kids. All of them staring at the screen.

We spent the first part of class marking and washing the new pots and pans I bought last night if you're wondering why we're watching a movie.

You could hear a pin drop in my class except for the movie Ratatouille playing.

Kids are still kids. All of them staring at the screen.

We spent the first part of class marking and washing the new pots and pans I bought last night if you're wondering why we're watching a movie.

You buy pots and pans for the school too?

You buy pots and pans for the school too?

7 sets from Costco.

Also bought all new cutting boards, and these utensil sets. They're silicon so the kids won't burn them like all the other stuff they destroy.

IMG_7176.jpg

7 sets from Costco.

Also bought all new cutting boards, and these utensil sets. They're silicon so the kids won't burn them like all the other stuff they destroy.

View attachment 102527

At home I have mostly All-Clad. I've been buying it piece by piece over the years. Too expensive for me to buy a whole set all at once. For Teflon pans I just buy cheapies from Costco or Bed, Bath and Beyond with a coupon. I only use teflon pans for eggs and pancakes.

At home I have mostly All-Clad. I've been buying it piece by piece over the years. Too expensive for me to buy a whole set all at once. For Teflon pans I just buy cheapies from Costco or Bed, Bath and Beyond with a coupon. I only use teflon pans for eggs and pancakes.

These Costco sets are pretty good though. When my nephew moves out on his own out of the dorms I'm going to buy him a set.

We have Farber. I guess "classic". Stainless with aluminum clad bottom. Some pieces are perhaps 40 years old. We expect to be using them the rest of our days. That is all.

We have Farber. I guess "classic". Stainless with aluminum clad bottom. Some pieces are perhaps 40 years old. We expect to be using them the rest of our days. That is all.

I don't believe we have anything with Teflon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom