::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds like fun. I leaned to drive in a 1959 Pontiac Bonneville station wagon. Slightly bigger!

That’s a boat!

The other vehicle Dad let me drive was a ‘65 VW Bus. It only went 55 miles per hour and that was down hill with a tail wind.

63 Mercury Meteor and a VW Beetle.

We had a 53 Hudson Hornet that was supposed to be my car when my dad died. My borther in law drove it into the ground in less than 2 years. Had it towed for junk because he couldn't find parts. How hard did he look, really? That would have been awesome.

63 Mercury Meteor and a VW Beetle.

We had a 53 Hudson Hornet that was supposed to be my car when my dad died. My borther in law drove it into the ground in less than 2 years. Had it towed for junk because he couldn't find parts. How hard did he look, really? That would have been awesome.

Like "Doc" from Cars?

My own first car was a 66 MG 1100. Total POS. Lost a quart of oil a day. Dropped its shift linkage every third day if I didn't get under the car the second day to tighten it up. Led to an interesting Friday night at San Gregorio Beach once. Waiting for an oncoming car's headlights to find the parts on Highway 1 was like playing Frogger.

My own first car was a 66 MG 1100. Total POS. Lost a quart of oil a day. Dropped its shift linkage every third day if I didn't get under the car the second day to tighten it up. Led to an interesting Friday night at San Gregorio Beach once. Waiting for an oncoming car's headlights to find the parts on Highway 1 was like playing Frogger.

Talking about shift linkage. Remember three on the tree. When the three speeds got old and worn the linkage would pop out of joint and you would have to stop and go under the hood and pop it back in place to be able to shift again.

Talking about shift linkage. Remember three on the tree. When the three speeds got old and worn the linkage would pop out of joint and you would have to stop and go under the hood and pop it back in place to be able to shift again.

I only drove a three on the tree a few times.

When I got my license we had extra cars in the family. So my ride for a while was a 1985 Jaguar XJ6. They ended up selling that to my neighbor.
Then I got my step-dad's 1972 914.

That 914 was being driven by my step-dad's son, who was already an adult, and he had wrecked it and had it repaired, but it was still "sky blue with clouds"
light blue paint with big patches of primer.

That 914 was being driven by my step-dad's son, who was already an adult, and he had wrecked it and had it repaired, but it was still "sky blue with clouds"
light blue paint with big patches of primer.

That's a pretty cool high school car!

Come to think of it, I don't think I ever had the 914 in High School. I did have the Jag senior year.
I usually rode my bike to school though.

Nani and I are at Surfer the Bar at Turtle Bay waiting for Weldon Kekauoha to come on.

They have WiFi so I will live some stuff.

we ubered to turtle Bay with no problems.
The way home?
No Uber.
Had to call North shore taxi hahahha

I remember three on the tree. But I never drove one enough to enjoy that value-added feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom