Page 5434 of 5483 FirstFirst ... 44344934533453845424543254335434543554365444 ... LastLast
Results 54,331 to 54,340 of 54821

Thread: ::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Quote Originally Posted by Tack View Post

Remember, Brent Black is your friend....
    Brent Black's prices are not my friend. He is an Oregon boy, though. Woo.
    Jon's Facebooks
    The PoHo Store

We've got a ukulele cool that can't be faked. -hoosierhiver
    ...if being a good person was easy no one would be a dick. -skitzic
    I have no issues with bluntness, but being an asshat is not being blunt, it's just being an asshat. -austin1

Happy singles day!

Youtube | Facebook http://twitter.com/#!/stephenUKE

Mainland red cedar tenor Lanikai O-8 from MIM! Luna HONU Soprano. Gold Tone Concert Banjo . I am converting people to the ukulele one strum at a time

Quote Originally Posted by Sister Lynn View Post
    Have always loved this song. I particularly liked it when Bette Midler sang it on the movie "Beaches". Makes me cry every time.
    Exactly this.

That movie still tears me up every time.
    UWC; only those who have not been can rationalize not going.

Quote Originally Posted by gyosh View Post
    Is the class mostly young kids?

I found that it was funny to rock the boat with life experience sometimes.
    It's online, so mostly returning adults. But I think I'm on the old side. The prof said that the average age is 36, maybe?
    "play till you don't suck no more" ~Chuck Deyo "I think it's cool you turned one of your 'some day I'm gonna's into a 'today I did.' " ~RichM "Self care is not failure." ~JerBear "It is impossible to reason with people who do not rely on reason." ~ mascompro "You make your own magic." ~ Mim"The riff-raff are my people." ~ Joko

Other people's opinions of me are none of my business.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukulelerob View Post
    Two weeks until eye number two?
    No. Only one eye.
    "It is often said that the Church is a crutch. Of course it's a crutch. What makes you think you don't limp?" William Sloane Coffin, Jr.

"Never let the lyric get in the way of the groove." Allee Willis, songwriter

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous." Albert Einstein

Yay, questions and responses done for the day. Break time! This evening I need to write a first draft and get that turned in with my research plan, for peer review.

I'm really not sure when I'm going to have time to write my psych paper this week. I work 2 jobs tomorrow and fly out on Friday.
    "play till you don't suck no more" ~Chuck Deyo "I think it's cool you turned one of your 'some day I'm gonna's into a 'today I did.' " ~RichM "Self care is not failure." ~JerBear "It is impossible to reason with people who do not rely on reason." ~ mascompro "You make your own magic." ~ Mim"The riff-raff are my people." ~ Joko

Other people's opinions of me are none of my business.

So yesterday in a 45 minute conversation with my new endocrinologist I unlearned 8 years of what I thought I knew.
    9:23448

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

So yesterday in a 45 minute conversation with my new endocrinologist I unlearned 8 years of what I thought I knew.
    That's good I guess...
    http://www.youtube.com/user/hoosierhiver

UWC: no shirt, no shoes, no problem..

Ukes questions should be emailed to mike@mainlandukes.com

I don't know if that's good news or bad news, but I am glad you are dealing with a sound medical diagnosis, and not stuff you found on the internet.

He cut two of my diabetes meds in half and got rid of a third and told me what to eat for dinner, or more so, how many calories to stay within and guaranteed that my waking blood sugar would still be under 100 (what I shoot for every day).

He also hinted that my meds are what caused me to get CHF. Sucks. But it is what it is. My fault for not seeing an Endo on my own I guess.

He also freaked out that I had pancreatitis twice. "Didn't they figure it out after the first time?!"

Anyhow, he made control sound much simpler than what I have been making it. I concentrated on carbs and he told me to concentrate on calories first and just keep carbs in mind when making decisions. And the way he explained everything to me made sense. Especially when we started talking about my usual food choices. I tend to go low carbs but high in calories. My dinner last night was a bit of pasta with Salmon. Higher in carbs than I usually go but only about 500 calories total. Even with cutting my meds my waking blood sugar was 78. A bit on the low side.
    9:23448

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

Thread Information