::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
At 9:30 this morning the thermometer on my shaded porch said 84. I immediately ran around the house closing windows and curtains. I can tell without even turning on the news it's going my to be terribly hot today. I am so tired of this heat.

I have one magic trick - pretty standard "I can find your card" trick. I've juiced it up to include dropping the deck of cards and making a mess of the whole thing before revealing the card. I did it once for the children's message at church - it was a hit.

I'm pretty much limited to "I got your nose!"

It loses it's appeal after about 9 mos. old.

At 9:30 this morning the thermometer on my shaded porch said 84. I immediately ran around the house closing windows and curtains. I can tell without even turning on the news it's going my to be terribly hot today. I am so tired of this heat.

Just the opposite here, seemed like the first day of fall this morning, damp and chilly, probably about 55 degrees.

Dude!

Me too!!!

It's supposed to be in the low 100's today. I wore shorts to school in case our AC goes out, which it often does.

(like what I did up there? :) )

This election has really widened the line amongst friends.

Not just the election, I was talking with another parent at the soccer game Saturday, he casually said he was curious to see if any of the kids were going to sit out the national anthem and he might have to bust some heads (or something along that lines). Civil war anyone?

I have one magic trick - pretty standard "I can find your card" trick. I've juiced it up to include dropping the deck of cards and making a mess of the whole thing before revealing the card. I did it once for the children's message at church - it was a hit.

I only have one card trick, too. I shuffle the deck, and then immediately stick it into my back pocket. Next comes a long series of questions for the audience, eventually zeroing in on one card. I then "magically" pull that card out of my pocket, without looking, and without removing the deck.

Very simple, very basic, but little kids (including my grandkids) love it. I've found that if you try to do it several times in a row for a kid, they very well might figure it out. Let a day or two pass between, and the "magic" lingers....

Not just the election, I was talking with another parent at the soccer game Saturday, he casually said he was curious to see if any of the kids were going to sit out the national anthem and he might have to bust some heads (or something along that lines). Civil war anyone?

Have you seen that video of the black guy with a shirt that says "All Hugs Matter"? He was filmed coming between protestors and cops and trying to explain the misplaced hatred of ALL cops.

Pointing to a protester "You want to fight me because I'm pointing out that this man right here has never shot an unarmed black man. Don't you see how ludicrous this is?!?!"

Have you seen that video of the black guy with a shirt that says "All Hugs Matter"? He was filmed coming between protestors and cops and trying to explain the misplaced hatred of ALL cops.

Pointing to a protester "You want to fight me because I'm pointing out that this man right here has never shot an unarmed black man. Don't you see how ludicrous this is?!?!"

Our world is getting crazier and crazier. I really worry for the kids.

Dude!

Me too!!!

It's supposed to be in the low 100's today. I wore shorts to school in case our AC goes out, which it often does.

(like what I did up there? :) )
Dude, people in other states just don't get it.

Whoa. That's a bit scary.

Our world is getting crazier and crazier. I really worry for the kids.

Sometimes in my more rational moments I wonder if the world is getting crazier or if the constant availability of news these days just helps us to realize how crazy it already is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom