::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does he run a charter? What kind of boat does he have? How big is it?

Yes.
SailingCat.com
50' catamaran, ex-ocean racer from California.
She hauls ass.
Everything is manual, my left hand is on the tiller.
At one point we we on a big puff in about eight foot seas,
and he said I handled it just fine, he has plenty confidence I can handle her.
On the way back in got to surf a little, and I didn't Huli (flip)
so it's all good!

They all like it so far so we will see how they do. They are part Irish anyway. Summer is also excited about strings again today. I think though strings tryouts are over and now the meeting is I think Thursday at 7 so we will see how that goes.

Emma was frustrated with her flute yesterday. She is sounding great and has great tone, but she's frustrated with her breath control. I just said, "this is why you practice - nobody is perfect from the beginning!" She sure wants to be, though. She picks up instruments very quickly - she's in the beginning handbell choir at church and has been picking it up like crazy.

Leaving in a few minutes to take RL Kid to his community work evaluation at Petsmart. Three 4 hour shifts a week for 2 weeks or more. Hope he nails it.

I'm going to shop for some pants and a sweatshirt while he's at it.

Snoozed through an email for a network down near my house. Called the guy back,
it will take him at least an hour to get there, and there is no one on site. Phew! Time to get in the shower.

Leaving in a few minutes to take RL Kid to his community work evaluation at Petsmart. Three 4 hour shifts a week for 2 weeks or more. Hope he nails it.

I'm going to shop for some pants and a sweatshirt while he's at it.

Mojo to RL kid!
By the way, is there a Ross next your local PetSmart just like here in Ewa? :D

Oh and MIL update!
She is responding to surgery and recovering very well.
She will be out of ICU likely today and may even be released this week!

Yes.
SailingCat.com
50' catamaran, ex-ocean racer from California.
She hauls ass.
Everything is manual, my left hand is on the tiller.
At one point we we on a big puff in about eight foot seas,
and he said I handled it just fine, he has plenty confidence I can handle her.
On the way back in got to surf a little, and I didn't Huli (flip)
so it's all good!

Oh gosh! If we ever come to Hawaii I shall put Mike on that boat. He would love it.

Emma was frustrated with her flute yesterday. She is sounding great and has great tone, but she's frustrated with her breath control. I just said, "this is why you practice - nobody is perfect from the beginning!" She sure wants to be, though. She picks up instruments very quickly - she's in the beginning handbell choir at church and has been picking it up like crazy.

This makes my heart happy. Good for Emma.

Kenvin, here's pics of the violin. I double checked and it is a 1/2 size. It was a rental that I bought from the music store. It was cheaper for me to buy it than it would have ended up costing me in monthly rental fees for the year, so I went that route. It's in good shape. There's some wear on the finish along the edges, a few small scratches and dents, and the bow is in decent shape. I don't think it needs to be replaced, but it wouldn't hurt to get a second opinion from someone who actually knows about violins. Letting you know, since replacement bows can be spendy.

IMG_4653.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom