::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a canister of ArmorAll wet cleaning wipes for doing the vehicle interior. These things are the nuts! Why have I never used these before?

They clean, get all the dust and lint, leave no residue that I can tell, and are easy-peasy. What's not to like? It's like having baby wipes for your car....

Having done that, I got inspired. I Windexed the inside of the windshield, removed and washed the plastic floor mats, and have emptied the truck out in preparation for tomorrow's bed liner appointment.

Where is all this energy coming from, I wonder?

because if you use them on your leather seats it's virtually impossible not to slide to the other side of the car when you turn

I guess it's a good thing I don't have leather seats, then! ;)

That needs to be addressed soon, too. The fabric seat covers, which are black, don't look great. They need to be cleaned, somehow....

Having done that, I got inspired. I Windexed the inside of the windshield, removed and washed the plastic floor mats, and have emptied the truck out in preparation for tomorrow's bed liner appointment.

Where is all this energy coming from, I wonder?

Maybe you're getting sick?

I guess it's a good thing I don't have leather seats, then! ;)

That needs to be addressed soon, too. The fabric seat covers, which are black, don't look great. They need to be cleaned, somehow....

That reminds me, I need to install the aloha print seat covers we bought for Helen. like many months ago :D

I bought a canister of ArmorAll wet cleaning wipes for doing the vehicle interior. These things are the nuts! Why have I never used these before?

They clean, get all the dust and lint, leave no residue that I can tell, and are easy-peasy. What's not to like? It's like having baby wipes for your car....

Did it leave that nasty, shiny ArmorAll finish, though? I hate that look. If they just clean that's great, but if they leave that shiny finish, no thanks.

Seasons theme this week is 80's synth pop.
I listened to, and LOVED a lot of that music at the time.
It has been fun hearing what the Seasonistas have been doing with such a non-ukulele genre of music.
I have been going back and listening to a lot of what used to be my favourite songs to get inspired. Some of what I am listening to did not age well.
What I am listening to now, I am LOVING all over again.

Thomas Dolby. Pulp Culture.

Most of that stuff was very simple and repetitive, and Thomas Dolby just stands out that much more for its complexity. I think I will be listening to a lot of Thomas Dolby on the ride home.

Did it leave that nasty, shiny ArmorAll finish, though? I hate that look. If they just clean that's great, but if they leave that shiny finish, no thanks.

There are two different products; the cleaner, and the protectant. The protectant leaves a shiny, slick residue. The cleaner, which I used, leaves no residue at all.

I suspect Gary wasn't using the cleaner....

There are two different products; the cleaner, and the protectant. The protectant leaves a shiny, slick residue. The cleaner, which I used, leaves no residue at all.

I suspect Gary wasn't using the cleaner....

Back when I used to race Moto-x I had just got my bike back from Moto-x Fox. They did some engine and suspension work for me when my dad was helping them with prototypes of their new front forks (Simmons (Steve Simmons) forks which would later become RockShox in the bicycle world). Anyhow I digress by name dropping. I was excited to get my bike back all shiny and looking pretty cool with the engine modifications. I armor all'd the seat. It was so slippery that when I hit the throttle, the bike with the new engine mods, shot out from between my legs and I fell flat on my back. I had to rub mud on the seat so I could ride the dumb thing.

lesson learned

Gary did you see my fb live of Josh Tatofi singing Ho'onanea?
I was too close to the speaker for my phone mic so there is a lot of clipping but it sounded so amazing.
When Kuini took a break, the bar started playing Josh's album over the PA. Lots of people were joking around,
saying overly loudly "Oh my! WHO is THAT singing?" Knowing full well Josh was sitting right there.
Finally the bartender grabs the mic and says, "Ok, this big group from the mainland, all of them bugging me asking who is singing, so PLEASE give us a song?"
And so he sang a couple of songs with Ho'o and Nick.
What a voice he has!

The medically fragile cat was missing this morning. couldn't find him anywhere on 3 floors, in the garage or even outside (he's an indoor cat). Looked under, behind and inside furniture; behind closed doors; above cabinets, anywhere I could think of. After an hour plus of that I put down some forbidden food for the other cats. That got him out as he tried to sneak some of it. I still have no idea where he was hiding. Sure messed up my morning though.

Ellie used to do that. It would freak me out!!

Cats are evil....sorry Jan.

No, they are not! People just believe that. Cats are wonderful creatures! Yes, there are some that aren't the best - just like that are some mean, evil dogs. But in general, cats are not evil.

So, I pretty much lost the last week. Respiratory crud. Tons of fun, no?

Any idea why it is that, when I'm sick, I'm MUCH more likely to clean and organize than I am when I'm healthy? Seriously. It's been months since I've given anything a good cleaning, and this morning I suddenly decided to clean the toilet and the sinks, then de-gunk hubby's sink (it's apparently been clogged since the last time he shaved), swept the bedroom (bye-bye dust bunnies), and now I'm seriously considering cleaning up the kitchen.

Oh my gosh! You are delirious! Call 911!!!

:p

I have also been trying to call the union hall to reserve a seat at the annual retirees' breakfast, but their line is continually busy.

Why is it that I have grown to have such an aversion to initiating phone calls? I never used to be this way. I don't mind talking on the phone if someone calls me, but I hate being the one to place the call.

Weird....

I am the same way.

So inspection went. A few things came up. Its an all brick house but there were a few things that need addressing.

Electric box, sewer line has small pin holes, a retaining wall to basement is starting to bow out, the garage has a small leak in roof and drain on backside is bad. Front stairs have a separation and need to get sealed. A leak in the bathroom that is going into first floor so we will see what goes on. We think that since we got the house at 14k under they are more likely not gonna work with us. Once again we are the first buyer report guinea pig and reveal all these issues.

Wonder if they knew about the problems and that is why they took the bid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom