::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a record high temperature yesterday. 94 degrees @ O'Hare. The old record for that day was 92. Today is supposed to be 92, which I believe ties the record for today. We have had very few 90 degree days this summer, now we are getting a string of them. And now summer is ending.

The opposite here - we have been in the upper 50s to low 60s and rain for the last week at least. This is usually our time for the best weather of the year.

So I'm sitting here enjoying a cup of coffee, trying to relax by PoHoing and whining sitting next to a ginormous stack of papers I have yet to grade because I have too much to do.

I'm going to sit and enjoy 9 more minutes before I dive in to this work.

(I wish I were more like Kenvin; He could probably handle this no problem)

Ken would never have had a stack in the first place, you lazy ass.

So I'm sitting here enjoying a cup of coffee, trying to relax by PoHoing and whining sitting next to a ginormous stack of papers I have yet to grade because I have too much to do.

I'm going to sit and enjoy 9 more minutes before I dive in to this work.

(I wish I were more like Kenvin; He could probably handle this no problem)

What....I am lazy...all I did today was 2 loads of laundry, made up breakfast, then took the kids for a 1.5 hr bike ride into a cemetery. Now gotta make lunch and maybe take them for a hike or something.

A couple more minutes. I'm not done with my coffee.

I have a couple things like that with my work (though not nearly to that degree).
Our quote process, I have to spec out stuff for clients,
then someone else must review it. There are currently only two reviewers (I am to become a third soon, but I can't review my own anyway) and sometimes that takes days.
Then we have to get the client to sign it. THEN we can order it. Sometimes clients get upset it takes so long for them to buy stuff. So I have motivation issues when I am asked to do quotes because it is so unsatisfying.

What....I am lazy...all I did today was 2 loads of laundry, made up breakfast, then took the kids for a 1.5 hr bike ride into a cemetery. Now gotta make lunch and maybe take them for a hike or something.

No school today?

2 days off for Jewish holidays. I guess there's a lot of Jewish people here too. Also once again we get the Jewish holidays but no days in October

Not that I mind but I like having the kids once a month for an extended weekend or something. My wife her district has school today but she had off yesterday.

We have a large crop of contractors who work 2nd tier support. My desk in the office is actually among a bunch of them.

I have been really surprised at what a sharp group this is - Kaiser should hire the lot of them full time and just get out of the contractor business. These guys are great (it probably makes a difference that they're 2nd tier support).

We have a pretty good collection of tier 2 guys (and girls!) which is nice.
My boss asked me, "any advice you can give me to pass on to the tier one folks about handling issues?"
"Don't guess!"
I have some horror stories about how a tier one took initiative, looked up something on Google, and proceeded to make registry edits on a client PC to "fix" an issue.

A five minute problem suddenly took me four hours to repair and resulted in a very unhappy (and now non-billable) client.

Also Reyn Spooner sale today.
Gonna grab a shirt and maybe some trunks. With a little luck both will be about $60 total.

I'm normally not too much of a brand snob but I LOVE Reyn Spooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom