Page 3679 of 4341 FirstFirst ... 26793179357936293669367736783679368036813689372937794179 ... LastLast
Results 36,781 to 36,790 of 43401

Thread: ::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Quote Originally Posted by bbycrts View Post
    The prehensile tail was amazing. The one I was holding was feeling a little panicky at first - I took its tail and wrapped it around my arm and it settled right down to a cuddle. It just wanted the security of being able to hold on with its tail!
    We used to have lots of opossums here, too. The raccoons have been replacing them. As a friend of my brother Jeff said on my FB wall, it's the "power of placentals."
    Jon's Facebooks
    The PoHo Store

We've got a ukulele cool that can't be faked. -hoosierhiver
    ...if being a good person was easy no one would be a dick. -skitzic
    I have no issues with bluntness, but being an asshat is not being blunt, it's just being an asshat. -austin1

Quote Originally Posted by salukulady View Post
    That's so cool and such a great education for the public.
    It was very cool - it was at that place I told you about, though, that breeds animals for the profit of being a sophisticated petting zoo rather than for education and conservation. We went to Wildlife Safari yesterday and that is kind of the opposite - the encounters they have with the animals are used to fund the research, conservation, and education rather than the other way around. I like the nonprofits a lot better. I love that you sign an acknowledgement before encountering the animals that says they're wild and it's up to the animals to decide if they will submit to visiting with you - if the animals are in a "mood" that day and don't choose to interact with the people, tough nuts to you. Meeting George the elephant was incredible - the keepers gave us the rules and said George was the one deciding - if he curled his trunk around a certain bar on the fence between us that was his invitation to meet you.
    Jon's Facebooks
    The PoHo Store

I have no issues with bluntness, but being an asshat is not being blunt, it's just being an asshat. -austin1

It was very cool - it was at that place I told you about, though, that breeds animals for the profit of being a sophisticated petting zoo rather than for education and conservation. We went to Wildlife Safari yesterday and that is kind of the opposite - the encounters they have with the animals are used to fund the research, conservation, and education rather than the other way around. I like the nonprofits a lot better. I love that you sign an acknowledgement before encountering the animals that says they're wild and it's up to the animals to decide if they will submit to visiting with you - if the animals are in a "mood" that day and don't choose to interact with the people, tough nuts to you. Meeting George the elephant was incredible - the keepers gave us the rules and said George was the one deciding - if he curled his trunk around a certain bar on the fence between us that was his invitation to meet you.
    George's friend, Valerie (much smaller!) painted us pictures. Again, the deal was we understood we were donating money to fund improvements to their habitat. Valerie would be invited to paint if she wanted - but if she didn't we were SOL. Valerie made the decision to perform, not her keepers. She really seemed to be getting a kick out of it - if I can anthropomorphize her a bit...
    Jon's Facebooks
    The PoHo Store

Embarassing? Who cares, it's not like they publish it.
    I am sure you are happy they ask those questions when they wheel you into the ER...

Unless you are embarrassed to admit that you don't have sex with homosexual men or use IV drugs, or were in England during the mad cow epidemic, or in jail, I do not see what the source of embarrassment is.
    1:5255
    My Quiver: S & J Craft Milo Tenor "Liliu" six string custom and Milo and Lychee concert by Emil Bader
    Pono PKT-1 Koa Tenor w/MiSi, Lanikai LU-21T - Autographed!, Hikare CU 528 Baritone
    R&L all koa mini concert, Mainland Gecko, Epiphone Les Paul Vintage, Purple Kamoa GC-700, Kala Concert
    Nothin' left to do but : ) : ) : )

Way too easy.
    Too bad the spelling error reduces its efficacy.
    Last edited by Pueo; 08-11-2017 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Fracking autocorrect
    My Quiver: S & J Craft Milo Tenor "Liliu" six string custom and Milo and Lychee concert by Emil Bader
    Pono PKT-1 Koa Tenor w/MiSi, Lanikai LU-21T - Autographed!, Hikare CU 528 Baritone
    R&L all koa mini concert, Mainland Gecko, Epiphone Les Paul Vintage, Purple Kamoa GC-700, Kala Concert

Wow - really? I thought she'd be with Kamaka forever. The cash must've been great...
    Cash? I figured they just got a small discount on new instruments and free strings and shirts and stuff.

Glad no major damage Jon!

I watched a video of an elephant painting today.

In a word, Amazing!

What is with autocorrect suddenly deciding that were always needs to be we're and its needs to be it's?
    I know the correct usage of all four of those words,
    unlike my "smart" phone.

Good night Hos.
    I am driving to work tomorrow, so taking my camera and an ukulele and hope to do some recording at lunch.

Ugh. I was going upstairs to help Annie with her nightgown (she was upset and crying - too tired) and carrying my suitcase upstairs as I went. I got to the top of the stairs and a toy was spilling out of the loft, so I used my left foot to push it out of the path. My foot got tangled in the toy, I lost my balance, and fell flat back on my back. Ouch. I let out a yell (which I tend to do when I hurt myself somehow), and the house came running. The bigger they are the harder they fall, after all, and I made a pretty loud BOOM when I landed. Annie even came running, tears still streaming down her face.
    Oh no! (((Carrot Boy)))
    Jan >^..^<
    (AKA Chopped Liver)

You say 'Crazy Cat Lady' like it's a bad thing!

"Out of clutter, find simplicity." Albert Einstein

"Hold everything with open hands." PereBourik

Thread Information