Page 3684 of 4793 FirstFirst ... 268431843584363436743682368336843685368636943734378441844684 ... LastLast
Results 36,831 to 36,840 of 47926

Thread: ::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

I teared up this morning in front of our entire staff.

One of our new hires is a former student and during his introduction he thanked two of us for recognizing his potential and not letting him "wallow in mediocrity" (it's a mantra I preach to the kids). He credited us for him getting his GED and pursuing college when no one in his family had ever graduated high school. He's here to pay it forward. "I hope I live up to the standard you taught me Mr. Yoshida." (that's when my eyes leaked). It's a good day.

It's weird. You never know what will resonate with the kids but as teachers we really do have tremendous influence.

. . . and never underestimate the power of a chocolate chip cookie recipe in teaching a youngster about life
    9:23448

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

Quote Originally Posted by Pueo View Post
    Job report:
    I really like it here.
    I feel like a valued member of a great team.
    This week a bunch of tier 1 (the people who take incoming trouble calls) were in training, so we senior folks had to be onsite and available to assist - we were told not to schedule any on-site visits for this week if possible.
    For two brand new clients, the CEO and the VP each reached out to me directly and told me to go meet with them and evaluate their situation and make recommendations.
    I replied that we were supposed to be on hand for coverage this week, and then I received email from my manager (who told us not to schedule any off-site stuff) telling me to set up the meetings and go.
    So the "top brass" as it were are aware of me and specifically want me to be the first person they meet from our company, and trust me to form that relationship.
    Feels good to be appreciated. This is after nearly 9 years of feeling like just a worker bee.
    That is wonderful, Damon!
    Jan >^..^<
    (AKA Chopped Liver)

You say 'Crazy Cat Lady' like it's a bad thing!

"Out of clutter, find simplicity." Albert Einstein

"Hold everything with open hands." PereBourik

Job report:
    I really like it here.
    This week a bunch of tier 1 (the people who take incoming trouble calls) were in training, so we senior folks had to be onsite and available to assist - we were told not to schedule any on-site visits for this week if possible.
    For two brand new clients, the CEO and the VP each reached out to me directly and told me to go meet with them and evaluate their situation and make recommendations.
    I replied that we were supposed to be on hand for coverage this week, and then I received email from my manager (who told us not to schedule any off-site stuff) telling me to set up the meetings and go.
    So the "top brass" as it were are aware of me and specifically want me to be the first person they meet from our company, and trust me to form that relationship.
    Feels good to be appreciated. This is after nearly 9 years of feeling like just a worker bee.
    Wait, what? Do you mean to tell me that there are employers out there that value their employees?! And I'm supposed to believe that? (Conga rats, Damon)....
    Things get better with age. I'm approaching magnificent....

Kala KA-SC :: Sapele /ebony soprano, handmade :: Kiwaya K-Wave Tele Uke :: Big Island KTO-TR :: Lanikai LU-8EK :: Eastman concert prototype :: vintage banjolele :: Mainland gloss mahogany concert

"And if you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there..." - George Harrison

"Just a few ukulele hooligans getting wild and strummy...." - chindog

5:2576

Job report:
    I really like it here.
    You da shizz!
    "Some people see the hand of God in their lives, some only the finger." "Frequently Asked Questions", Evan Eisenberg, July/August 2006, Atlantic Monthly

"Never let the lyric get in the way of the groove." Allee Willis, songwriter

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous." Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by glass View Post
    Some houses we looked at have a prison stype bathroom in basement. Just in corner no walls is the throne. No curtain no nothing. Kinda weird to call it a half bath....
    Ish! Put up some walls or at least a curtain.
    UWC; only those who have not been can rationalize not going.

Quote Originally Posted by gyosh View Post
    I teared up this morning in front of our entire staff.

One of our new hires is a former student and during his introduction he thanked two of us for recognizing his potential and not letting him "wallow in mediocrity" (it's a mantra I preach to the kids). He credited us for him getting his GED and pursuing college when no one in his family had ever graduated high school. He's here to pay it forward. "I hope I live up to the standard you taught me Mr. Yoshida." (that's when my eyes leaked). It's a good day.

It's weird. You never know what will resonate with the kids but as teachers we really do have tremendous influence.

. . . and never underestimate the power of a chocolate chip cookie recipe in teaching a youngster about life
    Now I have something in my eye. (And you thought 7 days of meetings were a bad thing.)
    "Some people see the hand of God in their lives, some only the finger." "Frequently Asked Questions", Evan Eisenberg, July/August 2006, Atlantic Monthly

I'm all jonesing for the Camino again.

Quote Originally Posted by mailman View Post
    And they have wicked teeth....
    But they never bite unless attacked. Seriously they are the gentlest creatures ever.

A few years ago a neighbor came and asked me to help him. This was a man my age. Some a-hole had stuffed an opossum in his mailbox. He knew I wasn't afraid of them. The poor creature had been there all night. I gently pulled it out and sat it on the ground and it ambled off into the bushes.

Anyone want a really good deal on a Nike+ series 2 38mm Apple Watch?
    iPhone 5 or later with iOS 10 required.
    Pueo needs some ukulele money!

Who knows, I might end up gifting it. I don't see myself getting an iPhone anytime soon. Nanilei has one, but she does not wear a watch. I have heard that some people just use the watch and sync to their spouse's phone, but if I am going to wear a smartwatch, I want it to connect to my phone.
    1:5255
    My Quiver: S & J Craft Milo Tenor "Liliu" six string custom and Milo and Lychee concert by Emil Bader
    Pono PKT-1 Koa Tenor w/MiSi, Lanikai LU-21T - Autographed!, Hikare CU 528 Baritone
    R&L all koa mini concert, Mainland Gecko, Epiphone Les Paul Vintage, Kala Concert
    Compass Rose 5 string
    Nothin' left to do but : ) : ) : )

Quote Originally Posted by glass View Post
    SMH. That's just weird.

Thread Information