::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miss Mim!! How are you?

I say "yuke", too. The folks that insist on "ookulele" need to get over themselves, IMHO....

Heck, when I talk to Fred Kamaka, I say Ookulele and then sometimes accidentally say Youkulele and said sorry and he says he does not care... so there is that ;)

Miss Mim!! How are you?

I say "yuke", too. The folks that insist on "ookulele" need to get over themselves, IMHO....

Just to clarify:

Folks who choose to say "ookulele" don't bother me at all. It's the folks that try to insist that everyone else say it that way that bother me....

Man, I need to hop of UU more often. I was talked about twice and I need to respond. (Not in a bad way... I could just give more specific answers about myself)

Man, I need to hop of UU more often. I was talked about twice and I need to respond. (Not in a bad way... I could just give more specific answers about myself)

Hey, Mim, I want to order a uke from you, but I'm very concerned about how long it will take to get to me, so I'm going to ask everyone on UU how long it takes rather than asking you, because, you know, you're scary and all.

When I was in Italy, I got in the habit of saying "Firenze" and "Venizia" because that's what the locals said. But when I got home, I started saying "Florence" and "Venice" because I didn't want to sound like a pretentious jerk. I certainly wouldn't have come on UU on started a thread bragging about what a pretentious jerk I was.

I wonder if he is referring to me... Because I say You-koo-lele and Yuke. Because... I am freakin' mountain and Ookulele makes me sound like a pretentious prick because it is incongruent to my accent.
So he may be watching my videos and dogging me... which is fine. I am quite comfy as to who I am. I see the uke as a multi-facited instrument of fun and enjoyment and I welcome anyone to pronounce it in their own local dialect and I will love you regardless.

And ... when he makes the Honda point... that is sort of offensive, because up here there are a lot of name brands said "different" due to the accent. Whatever. It may sound ignorant. But I know a multi-millionaire up here who is a genius businessman that says "J-pan" instead of "Japan".... whatever.

Hey, Mim, I want to order a uke from you, but I'm very concerned about how long it will take to get to me, so I'm going to ask everyone on UU how long it takes rather than asking you, because, you know, you're scary and all.

Hahaha, you saw that. I guess people think I am lying when I say Same or Next Day.

The thing is, there are people who use talking points like that, but dont actually do it, so it may have something to do with that too.

But yeah, it is funny.

Gary, Mim is name-dropping, you got a come back?

And to kick-up the name dropping...

I am at NAMM talking to Fred, about kids, housing, kids' bedrooms, teenagers going off to college... just normal family stuff...

I hear Bohemian Rhapsody and look over to see Jake playing it casually 5 feet from us...

I glanced over and said, "This is one of my favorite songs. He does it so well."

And then we continued our conversation. Cause you know... it is just Jake ;)

Jake said "hi" to me first the last time I saw him. So yeah... I am kind of a big deal ;)

(Please know that is sarcasm and I do not think I am a big deal. I made a joke like that once and my ex-sis-in-law took me seriously and hated me ever since)

But did he say "ook-a-lay-le?"

And to kick-up the name dropping...

I am at NAMM talking to Fred, about kids, housing, kids' bedrooms, teenagers going off to college... just normal family stuff...

I hear Bohemian Rhapsody and look over to see Jake playing it casually 5 feet from us...

I glanced over and said, "This is one of my favorite songs. He does it so well."

And then we continued our conversation. Cause you know... it is just Jake ;)

Jake said "hi" to me first the last time I saw him. So yeah... I am kind of a big deal ;)

(Please know that is sarcasm and I do not think I am a big deal. I made a joke like that once and my ex-sis-in-law took me seriously and hated me ever since)

Maybe I should make a NAMM video this year "How do you say this word?" with Ukulele written on a card.

Then follow up, "but do you care if someone says it a different way"?

Yup, claims to have worked in a ukulele shop for 10 years, but sounds like he's 16.

I think it's funny that my post got no replies - yet I received PMs about it, thanking me for the thoughtful post and one person saying they learned something (HOnolulu)

From my sisters book of face:

Code:
Merry Freaking Christmas!!! While away at a friend's house today,
 my house was broken into and robbed! Have never been the victim of
 crime before. Guess I've been lucky in this day and age. It's all just 
stuff and I can live with that. It's just that you feel so violated. I've always 
worked hard for what little I have gotten. Won't get much sleep tonight! 
Guess I'll sit up and watch t.v. No wait, I don't have one anymore!!!!!

How ya like that stuff.

It looks like I have a couple of doors to replace.

How terrible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom