::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's great that you caught something.

When you're a kid, fishing sucks! Catching is awesome.

I give the kids the "it's called fishing, not catching" speech - Emma is a very patient kid so fishing is perfect for her. Annie...she's a ball of energy. Patience isn't a concept she really gets.

NO WAY. I thought that just led to hairy palms.

We talked about that in puberty class.

That was the only hilarious part of the class. I was looking forward to so much awkwardness but they did a really good job of balancing seriousness with fun. If they have it in your area I highly suggest Sheryl take the girls. A really safe place to start asking questions. In fact there are times when the instructor said to the class "I want you to turn to your trusted adult and ask a question about __________ right now."

James already pretty much asks me anything but this was even encouraged and he loved the class.

I give the kids the "it's called fishing, not catching" speech - Emma is a very patient kid so fishing is perfect for her. Annie...she's a ball of energy. Patience isn't a concept she really gets.

I did a lot of rock throwing as a kid and hated going fishing for the same reason.

We talked about that in puberty class.

That was the only hilarious part of the class. I was looking forward to so much awkwardness but they did a really good job of balancing seriousness with fun. If they have it in your area I highly suggest Sheryl take the girls. A really safe place to start asking questions. In fact there are times when the instructor said to the class "I want you to turn to your trusted adult and ask a question about __________ right now."

James already pretty much asks me anything but this was even encouraged and he loved the class.

What's it called again?

We got home at 2:30 this morning from our total eclipse excursion. Holy Moley! It was a fantastic time. We drove to Springfield, IL on Sunday. I made Paul stop in Nashua, IA to see the Little Brown Church in the Vale. It's an old church that was pretty cool to see. We had lunch at an fun diner in Waterloo. In Springfield we had time to see Lincoln's tomb (wow. It's huge) and his old neighbourhood. The neighbourhood is about 2 blocks long and has many original homes and the street was done in period -- wood walkways, etc. Dinner was fabulous fun. Everyone had eclipse fever. Where are you going? When are you leaving? Think the weather will be okay? Where are you from? One guy I met had written a 45 minute song (guitar and quartet) about the eclipse. I must listen. He wants me to comment. On it and I told him to look for a comment from "the woman at the bar."

We left the hotel at 6:45 am to go 3 1/2 hours farther south. Traffic was crazy so we took back roads. Which made it a 4 1/2 hour trip. Totally worth it. And all the people in Vienna, IL were crazy nice.

The eclipse itself was spectacular. It was wonderful to just enjoy the whole thing and be in the moment. All my worries were gone and I just stood in amazement at what I saw. My favourite moment was the "diamond ring". And I almost missed it! The crickets went crazy, the light was incredible, seeing what looked like sunset all around the horizon was really odd and cool.
The drive home was hell. We took back roads to avoid traffic but it added extra time. When one is on gravel roads? One gets nervous. It was raining so hard near St Louis I had to pull off the road. Paul was pissed,but I wasn't the only one and when you can't see the car ahead of you, nor the road itself? It's time to stop. The rain came down in honest-to-god sheets. You could see it. Plus I hate hydroplaning and I was scared. But I did get to see the Arch in St Louis, so that's off my bucket list. Saw a couple gorgeous rainbows, too.

2.5" of rain in the rain gauge when I emptied it yesterday afternoon after the storms went through. Started raining again about 8pm. 4.5" of rain overnight. It's been a wet summer.

Sounds like you both had wonderful eclipse trips, Jon and Sukie! I'll have to wait until April 8, 2024 to experience it. That one has Rochester right in the path of totality....

Sounds like a great day Sukie. Here's a pic of the group I was with at my brothers.

Well poop, it won't load. I'll put it on FB.

Also, while at the party I got locked in the bathroom Saturday night. There's a vid on FB. It's hilarious.

Attachments

• IMG_4964.jpg
    IMG_4964.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 9
Sounds like a great day Sukie. Here's a pic of the group I was with at my brothers.

Also, while at the party I got locked in the bathroom Saturday night. There's a vid on FB. It's hilarious.

IMG_4964.jpgIMG_4964.jpgoh! There it is! Yay.

My kids are writing so I'm surfing.

Check this out.

attachment.php

That's what I was trying to see,
but it would only have been about 25%. It was so cloudy at the Eastern horizon though did not even take the drive.

Beautiful photo!

We got home at 2:30 this morning from our total eclipse excursion. Holy Moley! It was a fantastic time. We drove to Springfield, IL on Sunday. I made Paul stop in Nashua, IA to see the Little Brown Church in the Vale. It's an old church that was pretty cool to see. We had lunch at an fun diner in Waterloo. In Springfield we had time to see Lincoln's tomb (wow. It's huge) and his old neighbourhood. The neighbourhood is about 2 blocks long and has many original homes and the street was done in period -- wood walkways, etc. Dinner was fabulous fun. Everyone had eclipse fever. Where are you going? When are you leaving? Think the weather will be okay? Where are you from? One guy I met had written a 45 minute song (guitar and quartet) about the eclipse. I must listen. He wants me to comment. On it and I told him to look for a comment from "the woman at the bar."

We left the hotel at 6:45 am to go 3 1/2 hours farther south. Traffic was crazy so we took back roads. Which made it a 4 1/2 hour trip. Totally worth it. And all the people in Vienna, IL were crazy nice.

The eclipse itself was spectacular. It was wonderful to just enjoy the whole thing and be in the moment. All my worries were gone and I just stood in amazement at what I saw. My favourite moment was the "diamond ring". And I almost missed it! The crickets went crazy, the light was incredible, seeing what looked like sunset all around the horizon was really odd and cool.
The drive home was hell. We took back roads to avoid traffic but it added extra time. When one is on gravel roads? One gets nervous. It was raining so hard near St Louis I had to pull off the road. Paul was pissed,but I wasn't the only one and when you can't see the car ahead of you, nor the road itself? It's time to stop. The rain came down in honest-to-god sheets. You could see it. Plus I hate hydroplaning and I was scared. But I did get to see the Arch in St Louis, so that's off my bucket list. Saw a couple gorgeous rainbows, too.

That sounds like a great day . . . except for the drive home.

Was the party in Australia?

Why's it upside down? Oh well.

Every time I tried to turn my Kindle to right the picture, it automatically re-oriented it, upside down.

I had to lay the Kindle down, then walk around the table to see it right side up. Where there's a will, there's a way, they tell me.

Nice group, Sally....

I have an appointment this afternoon for a hearing test, and to see about replacing my hearing aids. They are at the end of their life expectancy, and don't seem as effective as before.

When I bought this pair, my insurance didn't cover any of it, and it was $5K out-of-pocket. Now, my insurance covers $2500 towards them, no more than once in three years.

If I end up getting new ones, and I think I will, it won't hurt nearly as badly as it did last time....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom