::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a good meeting with my boss yesterday.
I like where I am working.
They really seem to care about the well-being of their employees.
Gotta go!

For a five-year period or so in our IT division the CIO ran with that as his motto. You could toe the line and just accept and do whatever he said, or you could leave.

He was asked to get off the bus after a blundered decision on his part cost $1.5 billion. Yes, with a B.

The schadenfreude is strong with this one.

The schadenfreude is strong with this one.

More like a sigh of relief. The next guy was better, though an arrogant SOB. He left on his own terms after outsourcing about 1/3 of IT employees to IBM in what has become a never-ending comedy of incompetence. Our current guy actually moved up through the company and is a great guy - I trust him. The other two came from outside the organization...

Playing holiday music in my foods class to torture the kids.

They're singing along and I'm having flashbacks of working at Safeway between the day after Thanksgiving until the day after Christmas.

Last edited:
We're making/decorating gingerbread men cookies today.

My "thugs" are all huddled together showing off their creations to each other.

How many of those cookies have penises by now?

Surprisingly none.

I clown on them so hard for anything remotely sexual that I overhear, that I think they're too scared of getting made fun of to do that stuff these days.

and they're not that good about being subtle when they do something like that

My son's basketball organization is looking to donate about 200 reversible uniforms to an organization in Africa. I'm the one brokering this deal. Do you think it's unreasonable to ask them to cover shipping costs? How do I go about asking?

Not used to doing big boy stuff.

My son's basketball organization is looking to donate about 200 reversible uniforms to an organization in Africa. I'm the one brokering this deal. Do you think it's unreasonable to ask them to cover shipping costs? How do I go about asking?

Not used to doing big boy stuff.

Ask whom? The charity? No, I don't think that's okay. Don't make someone pay to receive a donation.

Eye exam....done.

Lunch....done.

Now to the barber shop for a haircut, the hearing aid place for batteries ($5 coupon!), and Wegmans for groceries. Then home for a quick dinner on my own, and off to uke group....

I find this ridiculously funny.

Oh, it’s comical for anyone who knows me. The situation isn’t though. The subject matter is serious and deserves to be treated as such. We’re tired of the abusive language and the environment it creates for others though. She was obviously triggered and needs to vent, but we don’t know how to allow that without alienating other members. Had she been more clear in her communication of the reason for her OP, I think more members would have realized sooner what she really needs is some emotional handholding and not the discussion that ensued. The discussion was a good one and I’ve not only learned a lot from it, it has helped me figure out clearer personal and professional boundaries. To top it off I actually agree with a lot of her points, just not the way in which she’s going about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom