::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So . . . we had a winter storm advisory this morning. School went on as usual. Before 11 it started snowing. The schools around us closed at mid day. We continued. When we were loading buses, the dang parking lot and roads were covered. I scraped 3" of snow off of my car and creeped home on covered roads. One teacher is sitting in her car on a road that is blocked due to an accident.

The high schools had no let out yet. We have teenagers driving in this stuff.

Somebody GOOFED big time. I just hope all get home safe and we don't have a deadly accident like before.

Weather forecast for about an inch of snow. Yeah. It's still coming down. It will snow all night and in to tomorrow. We will have 5 or 6 inches by the time it's over.

Sounds like a lot of fun.

Oh, yeah. PARTY time! Some have been reprimanded because they were sending e-mails to the admin when they should have been teaching.

Oh. And don't dare come in even one minute late (yeah, we have to clock in and out). You will get an e-mail from the admin stating that you were one minute late. I have not been late (yet). No matter that you stay til 5:30 or 6 or later.

OK, Bella is staring at me with an evil eye. I have to get up and give her chicken/tuna pate. Then I am making me some potato soup!! YUMMY!

(Yeah, I hear you carb haters out there.)

Next uke, tenor with low G or Baritone...hmmm

That’s a hard one. Good vintage baritones can be found for a steel if you’re patient. Keep checking ebay, craigslist, etc. I see great ones for $60 or so all the time. Then save your money for a good affordable for you tenor?!!

Oh, yeah. PARTY time! Some have been reprimanded because they were sending e-mails to the admin when they should have been teaching.

Oh. And don't dare come in even one minute late (yeah, we have to clock in and out). You will get an e-mail from the admin stating that you were one minute late. I have not been late (yet). No matter that you stay til 5:30 or 6 or later.

Nice to be treated like a professional.

They would never do that to us in this school. We are given quite a bit of autonomy in our classrooms and what, and how we teach. The administration is rewarded with teachers that police themselves in a polite and respectful manner and staff that genuinely likes each other. Our admin do a great deal to make sure it's not an "us" vs. "them" situation. They even sponsor and bbq a payday lunch for us every month.

I've been offered positions in a neighbor district that actually pays more than we do (the only district in the area that does) but the staff here is why I stay put.

Wish you could experience some of that.

That’s a hard one. Good vintage baritones can be found for a steel if you’re patient. Keep checking ebay, craigslist, etc. I see great ones for $60 or so all the time. Then save your money for a good affordable for you tenor?!!

I’m really no help, am I?

Hi, Larry!

Skim milk and full fat milk have the same carbs.

Also, remember this Don. Our entire life we have been told fat makes fat. We have been taught to eat low fat to lose weight. Sure it does have more calories but fat also helps keep you feeling full longer. I drink whole milk and eat full fat cheeses.

Look up Keto diet. I think that’s the one that Cash was so successful with. It’s high protein, high fat, low carbs.

My body is happier at ~ 30% of my my calories from fat. I get serious munchies on low fat, high carb diet. Which in turn makes it hard for me to keep my calories down to 1600/day. I suffer from brain fog and late afternoon sleepiest too.

Last edited:
I feel like the cobbler’s kid. I need a massage. Not sure how I’m going to fit one in soon. Good news is, with my contracting gig, I get a 90 min. one a month.

Skim milk and full fat milk have the same carbs.

Also, remember this Don. Our entire life we have been told fat makes fat. We have been taught to eat low fat to lose weight. Sure it does have more calories but fat also helps keep you feeling full longer. I drink whole milk and eat full fat cheeses.

Look up Keto diet. I think that’s the one that Cash was so successful with. It’s high protein, high fat, low carbs.

Thanks, Sally. I'll check that out....

So . . . we had a winter storm advisory this morning. School went on as usual. Before 11 it started snowing. The schools around us closed at mid day. We continued. When we were loading buses, the dang parking lot and roads were covered. I scraped 3" of snow off of my car and creeped home on covered roads. One teacher is sitting in her car on a road that is blocked due to an accident.

The high schools had no let out yet. We have teenagers driving in this stuff.

Somebody GOOFED big time. I just hope all get home safe and we don't have a deadly accident like before.

Weather forecast for about an inch of snow. Yeah. It's still coming down. It will snow all night and in to tomorrow. We will have 5 or 6 inches by the time it's over.

If we get three inches of snow, folks around here barely notice! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom