::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking I would prefer to go back to banking for now. I'm good at it and I enjoy helping people fix their problems and educating them on how to take advantage of the bank's services. I don't enjoy the pressure to sell but it gets easier once you build a relationship with the regulars.

Banking is a solid career path.
Typically they have good benefits and generous 401(k) match, plus when you are ready to buy a home you get better rates and sometimes no closing costs.
Check out credit unions too.

Sounds amazing! I hope you enjoy your time there.

We are very much looking forward to it!
We have stayed there before, as well as many members of our family, so we know the manager and get a little discount too.
Just to rub it in this is the place:
www.keikibeach.com
We are staying in the Protea room.

The only bummer is it might rain all weekend. Which is good that we don't need to drive from Ewa to North Shore, especially at night, but it also means we might not get to enjoy that amazing beach. The light show in the sky and the sound of thunder and surf will be nice though!

During your time in banking did you see the effects of online services in the branch? Fewer customers, more technical questions about using the apps? I read an article the day before yesterday about how online banking is impacting the in-person experience - did you notice it?
I was working in banking when online banking was brand new. We pushed people to.use it because it is "so convenient" but I am sure the reality all along was to be able to reduce the amount of human staff needed at branches. We did notice that we had to add more people to our call center staff, as most people would try to do whatever online, get frustrated, and call us,
then just do whatever they needed to do over the phone.
FYI Nanilei still cannot use her Bank of Hawaii app because they have a typo in her address. It will not verify. We have been trying to get it sorted for quite some time now.

So tired. Nanilei got her new iPhone 6s last night. I backed up her old phone, plugged in the new phone,
selected restore from backup, and it failed. Saw that there was an iOS update for her old phone, figured maybe I have to update it so that the iOS matches the new phone, went through the update, tried it again, and again it failed.
Then saw that the new phone was four versions back, no wonder, had to update the new phone, then do the restore.
We also wanted to go hear some music, so abandoned the phone project and drove to town and had dinner and listened to Ho'o, Gobbles and Uncle Bernard. We left about 11:30PM and saw Jeff Au Hoy in the parking lot, we were really tempted to go back in, but we already paid our bill and left, etc. We asked Jeff to come to Canoe Hut Friday and he said he would try -
yay!
Anyway got back home and stayed up until 2:00am trying to get the phone thing sorted, Nanilei was like "Thank God I have you, I have no idea how I would get any of this done on my own."
Finally got Nanilei's stuff loading onto her new phone, and it said it would complete the restore in "about 3 hours" so I went to bed.
My eyes popped open about 6:00am as the trash truck did its thing outside the bedroom window, so I decided to check on the phone.
The data transfer completed, everything was great, except Verizon still active on the old phone, and I could not get it to kick over to the new one. Called Verizon, gave them all the IMEI# and other stuff, and about 5 minutes later SUCCESS!

So hopefully she will be happy with her new phone.

I am exhausted :D.

So tired. Nanilei got her new iPhone 6s last night. I backed up her old phone, plugged in the new phone,
selected restore from backup, and it failed. Saw that there was an iOS update for her old phone, figured maybe I have to update it so that the iOS matches the new phone, went through the update, tried it again, and again it failed.
Then saw that the new phone was four versions back, no wonder, had to update the new phone, then do the restore.
We also wanted to go hear some music, so abandoned the phone project and drove to town and had dinner and listened to Ho'o, Gobbles and Uncle Bernard. We left about 11:30PM and saw Jeff Au Hoy in the parking lot, we were really tempted to go back in, but we already paid our bill and left, etc. We asked Jeff to come to Canoe Hut Friday and he said he would try -
yay!
Anyway got back home and stayed up until 2:00am trying to get the phone thing sorted, Nanilei was like "Thank God I have you, I have no idea how I would get any of this done on my own."
Finally got Nanilei's stuff loading onto her new phone, and it said it would complete the restore in "about 3 hours" so I went to bed.
My eyes popped open about 6:00am as the trash truck did its thing outside the bedroom window, so I decided to check on the phone.
The data transfer completed, everything was great, except Verizon still active on the old phone, and I could not get it to kick over to the new one. Called Verizon, gave them all the IMEI# and other stuff, and about 5 minutes later SUCCESS!

So hopefully she will be happy with her new phone.

I am exhausted :D.

You must be mistaken. Apple products are flawless and so easy to use a toddler could have done it.

Oh, I see the problem. You should have asked a toddler to do it.

Yes it is! I am.fb friends with her so I knew about the wedding and all that, but it is more fun to chat here.

I saw all that on FB also. She looked like she was doing well. Hopefully she will be doing even better now that she is back home posting here.

You must be mistaken. Apple products are flawless and so easy to use a toddler could have done it.

Oh, I see the problem. You should have asked a toddler to do it.

IK, R?
They idiot-proof their products to the point of idiocy.
I think if I had checked the iOS level of the new phone before starting the process it may have worked the first time.
When I did the process before when Nanilei went from iPhone 4 to iPhone 5s it actually worked the first time.
When her first iPhone 5s had the battery swell issue and we got the replacement from the Apple store that worked the first time too.
Silly me thinking that when we went from 5s to 6s it would be the same hassle-free experience.
There was all this cool scanning of digital blue smoke on the screen and happy New-Apple-product-nearby auto detection and auto migrate that was really just me jumping through digital hoops and wasting hours because that all failed.
Once I wiped the new phone and updated both phones to the same iOS level it worked unattended.

put THAT in your knowledge base people!

Sheesh and I got the iPhone for Nanilei because it is supposed to be easier to use?!?!?!??!?!?

Hoo boy there is a LOT more color in my radar map than there was just a few minutes ago. Looks like I will be getting wet walking home from TheBus this afternoon.

IK, R?
They idiot-proof their products to the point of idiocy.
I think if I had checked the iOS level of the new phone before starting the process it may have worked the first time.
When I did the process before when Nanilei went from iPhone 4 to iPhone 5s it actually worked the first time.
When her first iPhone 5s had the battery swell issue and we got the replacement from the Apple store that worked the first time too.
Silly me thinking that when we went from 5s to 6s it would be the same hassle-free experience.
There was all this cool scanning of digital blue smoke on the screen and happy New-Apple-product-nearby auto detection and auto migrate that was really just me jumping through digital hoops and wasting hours because that all failed.
Once I wiped the new phone and updated both phones to the same iOS level it worked unattended.

put THAT in your knowledge base people!

Sheesh and I got the iPhone for Nanilei because it is supposed to be easier to use?!?!?!??!?!?

When I switched from my iPhone 6 to my iPhone 7 it all promised to be easy - and wasn't. It was a mess. I ended up doing it all manually. Since it's my work phone I keep it stock except for the security stuff the company has installed - but the instructions said that stuff shouldn't be an issue. It was.

Banking is a solid career path.
Typically they have good benefits and generous 401(k) match, plus when you are ready to buy a home you get better rates and sometimes no closing costs.
Check out credit unions too.
And all the holidays.

We are very much looking forward to it!
We have stayed there before, as well as many members of our family, so we know the manager and get a little discount too.
Just to rub it in this is the place:
www.keikibeach.com
We are staying in the Protea room.
very nice.

I keep getting Groupon offers for condos on Maui for $109 a night. Seems like such a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom