::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had dinner with the future in-laws. The Chinese restaurant put us in our own very private and quiet room. The kids were late so the first 15 minutes were like a scene from a movie with us exchanging pleasantries and long drawn out moments of silence with only the koi fish tank making any noise. It was a bit hilarious. But in the end we had a great night. They are warm friendly people and we really enjoyed them.

View attachment 106911

Nice. .

Yesterday and today were much easier for eating.

I'm starting to get the hang of balancing carbs, calories and salt. Actually I'm quite a bit under target with calories but I'm not starving so I don't worry about it.

Today for lunch I had Shaba Shabu which oddly enough I had never had before. Basically cooking meat and veggies in a broth but I chose water w/kombu (dried seaweed) for my broth since it didn't have any added salt. After cooking everything you're supposed to drink the cooking broth but I skipped that too. Going to start making it at home.

Feeling better but the last two days I've been crazy tired. I slept four hours this afternoon and did the same yesterday. My breathing is good enough that I'll start walking a mile or two at a slow pace soon.

"Had dinner with the future in-laws. The Chinese restaurant put us in our own very private and quiet room. The kids were late so the first 15 minutes were like a scene from a movie with us exchanging pleasantries and long drawn out moments of silence with only the koi fish tank making any noise. It was a bit hilarious. But in the end we had a great night. They are warm friendly people and we really enjoyed them."

Next time bring a photo album or a ukulele.

* Anyone else having trouble with the "reply with quote" option?

I was starving yesterday between lunch and dinner so I ran to the store and bought some carrots and salary.

I think the act of chewing made it go away because honestly I ate less than a whole carrot but the knowing hunger went away.

I know it won't be easy. I've been bad at this for 40 years but thank you for the support.

I have so many feelings about your recent developments. I don't know what to say, but I just really want you to be healthy.

My cousin on the other hand is hopeless.

Too many years of partying. High school drop out. Lost a restaurant because of his inability to change.

My dad won't even talk to him anymore because "he's such an idiot and can't even comprehend ideas different from his."

. . . and unfortunately he gets his info from memes apparently.

I've been listening to the progress on the investigation of Russia's influncing the election through social media. I wonder how many Russian memes I have shared?

So my gums have been bleeding some and I went to the last place I had a cleaning done and the pulled up x rays and said it looks like bone loss and did not tell me about! I'm probably going to be going to new Orleans to see my uncle since I don't trust this place they did not use the hook thing to clean just drilled and polished.

They didn't get around your gums? That's bizarre. I'd definitely get a second opinion.

I have been blessed with a family that agrees on social and political issues in 99% of all discussions - and the 1% is small stuff that nobody really cares about. I am so fortunate to not have to deal with political arguments at family get-togethers.

Ditto. Makes life soooo much easier. My dad is... is violently liberal a thing? Like, don't get him going.

One of the astrology groups I am in, on FB is analyzing that shooter who went into that school. They don't know his exact birth time so so info is missing on the chart. They did a progressed chart that shows his birth chart with progressions the day and time of the shooting. I'm not participating in the conversation...but am reading comments.

I think there's a lot of people trying to make sense of what happened.

I wonder if there is any sense to be found?

It should be fine. This not my first rodeo getting a new job. I'm actually pretty good with interviews. Before I accepted the bank job I told that I would only consider it if they allow me time off for UWC. They could not do the whole week, but I was happy to have Thursday-Sunday off and I came on Wednesday night.

Austin is great but we did not get to really enjoy being there. Carlos was working all the time and too tired to do much when he had a day off and I was sick pretty much the whole time too. That was my fault for a taking a job as a toddler teacher.
We have learned what is important to us as far as where we live goes. This new apartment is close to Carlos's work and he now walks there each day. We only drive to get groceries and it is amazing. From our apartment we can walk 5 mins and get to a bunch of shops and restaurants.
My goal is to get a job I can walk to or is less than a 10 min drive.

That sounds heavenly. Walkability is a goal for my future home. This suburban "drive everywhere" crap is for the birds.

I had a friend open a pack of jerky treats that were on our counter. He was enjoying them so much I didn't have the heart to tell them they were dog treats.

I'm pretty sure the dog treats I buy for Hugo are healthier than the treats I buy for myself.

Except Charlie Bears. Those are like doggie goldfish crackers.

yes and most of his family only speaks Spanish. Carlos is my inspiration to learn a new language. He did not seriously study English until he was 26. He was fluent enough to start working in the US when he was 29.

Can I just say, that man of yours is damn good lookin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom