::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sally is absolutely right on this, unfortunately. Unfortunately, because I want desperately to hide and pretend this country isn't being led by a horrible human being who appeals to the worst in his supporters, but silence in his and his supporters minds is approval or at minimum indifference.

I can't read it all - it would be too horrifying and depressing. I choose the sources I find to be as balanced as possible - often the BBC. I don't read Occupy Democrats and other heavy resistance organizations because I know their information, which I largely agree with, is also tainted by their bias, and I want the stuff I share to be as empty of bias as possible. I don't succeed at that all the time, of course - sometimes there's a juicy morsel that's just too good to pass up. But I try.

I'm so sad. This is an FB post by a former teacher who I considered a friend and a mentor.

Antifa. The violent leftist moment to combat Trumps supposed fascism has become the biggest ugliest most violent fascist movement and they're so caught up in the perfume of their own self righteousness they don't even know. They're the worst"

His other posts don't support Nazi's or KKK but he supports Trump and right now I can't separate him from them.

I'm so sad. This is an FB post by a former teacher who I considered a friend and a mentor.

Antifa. The violent leftist moment to combat Trumps supposed fascism has become the biggest ugliest most violent fascist movement and they're so caught up in the perfume of their own self righteousness they don't even know. They're the worst"

His other posts don't support Nazi's or KKK but he supports Trump and right now I can't separate him from them.

Definitely sounds like someone is caught up in their own self-righteousness.

I ran into my great-uncle's friend, who also served in the 442nd. He was reading the paper at a coffee shop and had tears in his eyes.

"I lost so many friends and family in a war against them already."

I think my uncle's are lucky they passed already. The events this past weekend would have torn them up.

The realization of how my father would have reacted to this made me cry last night. He would have been terribly upset at the idea that so young people were being drawn into a group that he fought to suppressed so very long ago. I'm glad he's not here to see this.

Someone should be interviewing WWII vets about current events. I bet they'd have a lot of insight.

Sally is absolutely right on this, unfortunately. Unfortunately, because I want desperately to hide and pretend this country isn't being led by a horrible human being who appeals to the worst in his supporters, but silence in his and his supporters minds is approval or at minimum indifference.

I can't read it all - it would be too horrifying and depressing. I choose the sources I find to be as balanced as possible - often the BBC. I don't read Occupy Democrats and other heavy resistance organizations because I know their information, which I largely agree with, is also tainted by their bias, and I want the stuff I share to be as empty of bias as possible. I don't succeed at that all the time, of course - sometimes there's a juicy morsel that's just too good to pass up. But I try.

Yeah, that's why I told you to keep it up Jon. I feel I DO a lot to support love and equality (me personally) it just makes me so angry when I see his actions that I turn into someone I am not. That is what kills me.
I will do my best to contribute to the cause of yelling BS every time I see it.
I am a champion of love and tolerance.
My mom's farm in Germany was stormed by the Nazis and my uncle (I never met) died in WWII.
I'm not hiding against that.
I just refuse to allow 45 to cause my feelings of hatred for him to change who I am. And right now, any exposure just makes me seethe with hate.
I can't do it just yet.
That's what I meant.

Yes, yes it does. I won't budge on this Jon. It's wrong.

I could post ALL day rescue groups that save the exact breed you want. Yes it may not be a puppy but just for the joy of having a puppy for less than a year you are setting a terrible example for your girls. This is selfish and wrong.

Puppies stay little for such a very short time. Take them to a Samoyed rescue, there is one close to you. Let them help pick out the dog. PLEASE Jon. Think about this.

Yeah, that's why I told you to keep it up Jon. I feel I DO a lot to support love and equality (me personally) it just makes me so angry when I see his actions that I turn into someone I am not. That is what kills me.
I will do my best to contribute to the cause of yelling BS every time I see it.
I am a champion of love and tolerance.
My mom's farm in Germany was stormed by the Nazis and my uncle (I never met) died in WWII.
I'm not hiding against that.
I just refuse to allow 45 to cause my feelings of hatred for him to change who I am. And right now, any exposure just makes me seethe with hate.
I can't do it just yet.
That's what I meant.

Yes, Damon! This is what we all need! Bravo!

I could post ALL day rescue groups that save the exact breed you want. Yes it may not be a puppy but just for the joy of having a puppy for less than a year you are setting a terrible example for your girls. This is selfish and wrong.

Puppies stay little for such a very short time. Take them to a Samoyed rescue, there is one close to you. Let them help pick out the dog. PLEASE Jon. Think about this.

You have the opportunity to educate your children about the terrible fate of most abandoned dogs, do it.

You know Sally, you are doing nothing but putting my hackles up and making me really pissy. I'm tempted not to do it just because you are pushing so hard. Cut it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom