::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That mall they built near that development always seemed a little high end to me for Kauai. I remember they were having a hard time getting occupants for the mall too.

I think they were trying to manufacture another Wailea. Put in fancy condos, golf courses, and high-end shopping to lure the well-heeled clientele.

Yeah, we only ate there once. Costco dogs are better!

agreed

But it doesn't stop me from getting one every time we're there. I get the polish with Lava (habenero) and Kauai Special (mango relish).

They franchised and there's one about two miles away from me here now. Not the same.

I think they were trying to manufacture another Wailea. Put in fancy condos, golf courses, and high-end shopping to lure the well-heeled clientele.

I see from the website that they're renting the condos now. They weren't doing that before. It was residence only.

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (5 members and 0 guests)

gyosh

Must be something I said!

Took the truck to work today and dropped off an old refrigerator at the recycling place, on the way home I loaded up with road-side wood from fallen trees that the county cuts when they block the roads. Pretty good score of oak and locust. Is my hillbilly showing?

PoHo coffee snobs, I need help.

What's the cheapest coffee you're willing to drink, and how many tablespoons do you put in a drip machine (yes, I know, antithetical to coffee snobs, but the kids think they should get coffee too)?

I always thought I would need 30 years of teaching to retire with my full salary.

My friend just had a meeting with the retirement people and there's some formula that factors in your start date age when figuring out when you can retire. I figured I'd work until I'm 67 and that would give me 30 years of teaching. My friend said I probably only have to work until I'm 62 or so. In teaching there comes a point where, you need to retire or you're kind of working for less than you'd make if you retired.

I'll probably work until James is done with college which would take me to 67 anyhow.

Who knows?!

Around here you can retire with full retirement when you hit 62 IF you have been teaching for 25 years.

PoHo coffee snobs, I need help.

What's the cheapest coffee you're willing to drink, and how many tablespoons do you put in a drip machine (yes, I know, antithetical to coffee snobs, but the kids think they should get coffee too)?

8 O'clock coffee, relatively cheap, but tastes better than a lot of the more expensive stuff. You'll have to play around with the dosages yourself.

Mike sounds like Paul. Mike wants what will make you happy.
I try to let Paul pick things, but he always (well, almost always) defers to my choices. I think he is happiest that way.

Ditto that. He will do anything, he just doesn't want to make the decisions.

I see from the website that they're renting the condos now. They weren't doing that before. It was residence only.

Yeah, part of the reason my uncle is selling. He bought that place so that he could just go and hang out there whenever he wanted to. He did not really rent it out, just let family and friends use it whenever, that kind of thing. Then Castle started renting the units, as a service, so that owners could make a little $ on the side if they wanted to. Then it turned into, "Hey, we need to you make updates to your unit so that we may continue to rent it out."
My uncle was pissed, he bought that place specifically so it would not really cost him anything, he does not need the rental income money, and now his little hideaway is costing him money? Forget that, he just wants to ditch it. He has been unable to sell it, so that is why it is only $100K, and he still can't seem to sell it.

8 O'clock coffee, relatively cheap, but tastes better than a lot of the more expensive stuff. You'll have to play around with the dosages yourself.

Where does one find it?

My main reason for asking is because apparently part of the reason I'm grabbing extra Dr. Pepper in the afternoon is the caffeine. The hippie coffee that I like costs an arm and a leg as it is, so drinking more would make the budget very unhappy. I could always switch to tea in the afternoons...but that would just be silly, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom