::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kids were futzing around and not getting back to work after the fire drill.

They just heard "teacher voice" and all is well in B106 now.

Hooray Sally!
You'll see, it will build and build.
Try setting your book in front of you before sunset and leave the lights off, it will get dark, your paper is still there, but you can't read it.
I bet you will discover you actually know the song!

Seasons of the Ukulele. Very supportive group. Also gets you in the habit of putting yourself out there.

That's the part where I need to get over myself.

Have a hard time even playing for myself and singing. Hopefully with playing more will come being more comfortable.

Today is my birthday. At the moment I am sitting on the lanai with a cup of Kona coffee (not the greatest Kona coffee, to be sure), looking out at Kohala mountain. I can see the shoulder of Mauna Kea to my right and the ocean to my left. Most of my family is with me - Ben couldn't make it, darnit. The weather is near perfection this morning, though I expect it will be hot and humid later. We will be going up to the coffee plantation later this morning and then wandering around Kailua village. Dinner... Not sure about that yet.

It's a beautiful day to turn 48...

Though I do have a cold that I caught from Annie...but perfection is a very rare thing for us mortals...

I pick up a ukulele and play something every day. There have been a couple of days where I didn't, but not too many. Most of it is so I don't lose what I've already accomplished. There are some songs that I knew by heart that I would have to pull out a sheet now. I try to not forget them. But it's hard to play everything you know, or knew, every day.

Hmm. When I logged in to the thread on my iPad it took me to posts from 8/19. Have I really been away from the thread for that long?

That's the part where I need to get over myself.

Have a hard time even playing for myself and singing. Hopefully with playing more will come being more comfortable.

Just do it! You can keep the videos link-only if you want, some people do not show their face whatever it's all about fun and participation. Since the time frame is only a week no one expects perfection.

Today is my birthday. At the moment I am sitting on the lanai with a cup of Kona coffee (not the greatest Kona coffee, to be sure), looking out at Kohala mountain. I can see the shoulder of Mauna Kea to my right and the ocean to my left. Most of my family is with me - Ben couldn't make it, darnit. The weather is near perfection this morning, though I expect it will be hot and humid later. We will be going up to the coffee plantation later this morning and then wandering around Kailua village. Dinner... Not sure about that yet.

It's a beautiful day to turn 48...

Though I do have a cold that I caught from Annie...but perfection is a very rare thing for us mortals...

I hope you have the bestest birthday ever!!!

As I was saying a post or so ago. The uke I adopted from you is still singing.

Speaking of tri-tip, I better go marinate it, and then pull all the weeds so I can get to the grill :D

I did my first tri-tip ever last Sunday. There was a major problem with it, unfortunately.

It wasn't big enough. Next time we need a much bigger one. The family absolutely GOBBLED this thing down!

Home.
Crazy ride home. Traffic was a mess thru LA due to; the Rams playing, Adele performing, a Coldplay concert and a Gypsy Kings concert too. In order to avoid all those traffic inducing activities WAZE had me drive the 101 to the 126 to the 5 to the 210 to the 2 to the 5 to the 605 to the 405.
My usual route is the 101 to the 405.

This was a long post just so you could mention all "the" traffic directions.

We are going to meet her this morning. She is a rescue we are considering adopting. She is a golden retriever/corgi mix, so she has a golden's good looks and a corgi's short little body. Honestly, she looks like a golden that's been Photoshopped.

Just picturing the logistics of that breeding pair kind of blows the mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom