::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Los Angeles Goodyear blimp is no more, it retired. I drove by its field last week. It's gone.

Well the first good thing to happen to me as a direct result of 45:
He is coming to Oahu tomorrow, and because he refused to stay at a military base and wants to stay at the Ritz-Carlton, they will be shutting down the freeway and the main roads between Hickam (the airport) and Waikiki.

So my work said we can all work from home tomorrow.

Yay! Makes it that much easier to go to Wahiawa tomorrow! :D

I am so sorry your home will be tainted.

Working from home today. Solidarity with Damon. The girls don't have school - I can hear Annie out in the kitchen rolling something around. I'm really curious, but I need to stay in my study or she will spend the whole day in here preventing me from working. I'd much rather be playing with her, so the temptation is great...

I lack seaplanes and lighter than air. The Goodyear Blimp is a strong symbol of the Holy Spirit in my path toward ordination. I wish I could claim a ride.

Frank: It's the same old story. Boy finds girl, boy loses girl, girl finds boy, boy forgets girl, boy remembers girl, girls dies in a tragic blimp accident over the Orange Bowl on New Year's Day.
Jane: Goodyear?
Frank: No, the worst.

How was the dinner last night?

It was a fun adventure. We left during rush hour so we let Google be our guide around the traffic. We were about 10 miles from home when I realized Google was taking us over Chehalem Mountain - a very twisty, windy road. Sheryl tends to motion sickness, and Chehalem Mountain is a guaranteed bad time for her (I don't get motion sick and LOVE driving that road. You know it's true love when you're happy to give up one of the best driving roads for the sake of your spouse). Anyway, we realized in time and took a detour - it added time and a couple miles, but a much more comfortable road. SO - instead of arriving in Salem at 6:15 we arrived at 7:00. Kwan's hasn't changed at all - and we haven't been there in probably 25 years. But...well, it's not Golden Crown. The food is good, the company was wonderful, and the adventure was fun - but we'll not be going to Salem just for the sake of Kwan's again, I think.

When we left we went to the Konditorei across the street to get dessert to take home. Amazing cakes! They've been in the same place as long as Kwan's has. We were having an awful time deciding when this lovely couple came in; we started chatting about the cakes and all that stuff - the woman ends up being a salesperson for cemetery insurance. Sheryl and I both have her card now. Kind of an odd thing to end the evening on, but she was so nice it was hard to say no (to receiving the cards).

I HATE temp crowns. They don't feel right. The upside is that when you get the real crown, it feels so nice for everything to be right again.

I only have one other crown for a tooth I broke in high school. So now I'll have two crowns and one implant.

Feel bad for Freeda. The whole process for my implant was pain free and I haven't had any trouble with it at all.

So I bit my tongue again in my sleep.

It's a bit uncomfortable to talk. Lucky students!

Oh, and guess who got invited to a private kanikapila with Bryan Tolentino next week?

It's going to be so cool.

I get to be like Damon for a night (without the playing skills but still).

Republic used to be unlimited but then they choked it down. I'm going to start looking for alternatives. The only one that really works at the cabin is Verizon, but now that we have a land line that doesn't seem important anymore.

I am livid! Just spent 45 minutes with my insurance company. AT&T didn't file my claim (the idiot at the store) until the 31, I went in on the 24th. My phone is back ordered (due to the demands after the storms and crap) and they won't give me an alternative until next Wednesday. I can't get any attention from the AT&T store because all they give a crap about is selling the damn 10. The guy at the store has been ignoring my phone calls and texts.

Today I will not be a weather wuss. Today I will not be a weather wuss. Today I will not be a weather wuss. Today I will not be a weather wuss.
Today I will not be a weather wuss. Today I will not be a weather wuss. Today I will not be a weather wuss. Today I will not be a weather wuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom