::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't play the "what might have been" game. What's done is done. I am still processing the whole thing - it takes me a while in times like this. I have some ideas that I'm mulling over to make my statement, not that MY statement means much of anything to many...

My friend posted this article on FB that supporters are sending the Hamilton Theater in Canada hate mail for the treatment of Pence.

they are an intelligent bunch aren't they

If the Johnson voters in Florida had all voted for Hillary instead, she would have won that state and all of their electoral votes. (Remember Nader?) There were several states like that. But there is no guarantee all the Johnson voters would have voted for Hillary.

Still, blaming voters instead of the candidate is ridiculous. She lost because she couldn't convince people to vote for her.

Still, blaming voters instead of the candidate is ridiculous. She lost because she couldn't convince people to vote for her.

Agreed, I'm not blaming anyone, and I did say there was no guarantee 3rd party would have voted for her. I didn't want to vote for her but my candidate advised me to.
Nader and the whole chad thing did mess it up for Gore though. Can anyone argue that?

I always wonder how things would have panned out if we had 4 or 5 strong parties like a lot of European countries do. And I wonder if that will ever happen here.

Agreed, I'm not blaming anyone, and I did say there was no guarantee 3rd party would have voted for her. I didn't want to vote for her but my candidate advised me to.
Nader and the whole chad thing did mess it up for Gore though. Can anyone argue that?

The chad thing was messed up, but again, you can only blame the candidate if they couldn't convince people to vote for them. Gore came off as stiff and awkward to a lot of people.
Nader is a man of virtue and conviction, but didn't have the charisma. There's nothing wrong with voting for someone who has spent their entire life trying to make things safer/better for the rest of us.

I'm out and about running errands. I may never go back there.

I am now going in to the post office. Wish me luck. I hope this time my package will get to Atlanta. On time.

Oh! And tonight we are having dinner with Paul's cousin Todd and his wife. Should be interesting. But they get points for coming to visit Avis.

I can't play the "what might have been" game. What's done is done. I am still processing the whole thing - it takes me a while in times like this. I have some ideas that I'm mulling over to make my statement, not that MY statement means much of anything to many...

It does to me. You are usually a voice of reason.

The chad thing was messed up, but again, you can only blame the candidate if they couldn't convince people to vote for them. Gore came off as stiff and awkward to a lot of people.
Nader is a man of virtue and conviction, but didn't have the charisma. There's nothing wrong with voting for someone who has spent their entire life trying to make things safer/better for the rest of us.

His principles are great. I wish more American thought like he does.

The actor Ed Begley Jr. is someone I really admire. People think he's nuts but I don't. His conviction to saving the planet is admirable. I've learned a lot just reading his stuff.

I am having the second-worst ride on TheBus EVER.

Well...as it's the 2nd worst...it could be worse!

(Oofo replacements - larger size - arrived yesterday. A little long but like walking on clouds!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom