::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from Sukie, does anyone still play as much as they used to?

Just curious.

Life keeps getting in the way but I want to make time for it again.

I'd probably play more if I liked the sound of my voice.

Oh well.

My sophomores are too nerdy.

They're writing a TON.

Which means longer to read on my end.

::sigh::

Just curious.

I don't, being around ukuleles at the shop all day has kind of taken away some of my enthusiasm for playing when I get home.

Just curious.

I play every day. I keep the red Waterman I bought from Mim next to my desk and I probably pick it up ten times a day to play something.

Just unfriended my sister on Facebook.

Blocked her or flat out unfriended her?

My friend Billy Bob (real name; we usually just call him Bill) refuses to visit his relatives in S, Carolina because he has gotten into fistfights with his cousins because of their views on religion, race, sexuality etc. He was raised out here and has very opposing views from his family. I think he said it's the reason his dad moved away in the first place.

I play every day. I keep the red Waterman I bought from Mim next to my desk and I probably pick it up ten times a day to play something.

Nice.

My Waterman still has sand in it from when James filled it up at the beach in Kauai.

Any advice other than get over yourself?

I was reluctant to sing for years because I don't have a good singing voice. Maybe it's the result of getting older, but I've stopped caring. A big driver for me was playing at public jams. When you're leading people in a song they don't know, they're following your voice more than they're following your playing. When I was leading, I learned I needed to sing at the top of my lungs, and being audible was more important than being good. Once I learned that singing out didn't hurt anybody, I was a lot less self-conscious about it. There are many really talented singers at my jam, but nobody's every given me trouble over my crummy voice.

To quote Florence Foster Jenkins (good movie, see it!), "They can say I couldn't sing, but they can't say I *didn't* sing."

I played with some kids yesterday who are planning on starting a uke club on campus.

We played Lava and SOTR.

Both in my wheelhouse, surprisingly.

I was reluctant to sing for years because I don't have a good singing voice. Maybe it's the result of getting older, but I've stopped caring. A big driver for me was playing at public jams. When you're leading people in a song they don't know, they're following your voice more than they're following your playing. When I was leading, I learned I needed to sing at the top of my lungs, and being audible was more important than being good. Once I learned that singing out didn't hurt anybody, I was a lot less self-conscious about it. There are many really talented singers at my jam, but nobody's every given me trouble over my crummy voice.

To quote Florence Foster Jenkins (good movie, see it!), "They can say I couldn't sing, but they can't say I *didn't* sing."

I admire my son.

Scratchy.
Pitchy.
Out of key.

But he belts out songs with abandon and loves to sing.

My problem is that I have an awesome singing voice...when I'm not having sinus problems. Everything sounds wrong to me right now.

Just unfriended my sister on Facebook.

I'm sorry about that.

You know what family is? People you'd never pick as friends.

But they do teach you tolerance.

I'm very lucky in that regard. I just spent a week with my four sibs. We are all pretty like minded. There were only two instances where things got a bit uncomfortable. But we did talk it out for the most part.

Rafe Report:

Tonight: James has basketball practice with his new club team from 6:00 - 7:30. Dinner. Sleep.

Sat: Finding Dory for the 3rd time. Taking his friend from school and then out to lunch. Just collected in-class essays so I'll need to spend a little time there.

Sun: Need to clean house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom