::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I once came home to an exhausted wife napping on the couch (she never falls asleep on the couch; if she naps she'll go into our room).

Went into the kitchen and there was ice cream on top of the fridge and her cell phone on the shelf inside.

I still give her a bad time about that one.

I've found the ice cream in the fridge and the milk in the freezer at my parents' house before.

The first time I saw the slo mo I skipped over it because I thought it was stuck rendering.

Went back to watch it again later when I realized it might be slo mo.

One of your girls did quite the face plant. Was she okay?

Totally fine. She loved it!! Kept wanting more. The day before she almost did back flip. All the adults there were no so excited as we were. All the kids thought I was the best launcher. #iamsofat

The best was when I gave her the go pro to film herself. The adults said, oh this is definitely a dad's idea, where's the mom....after the successful launch I said so what was so bad that happened....nothing.

QOTD: What was one of your most exalted, yet silly, early childhood victories?

I vividly remember once time when I was maybe eight years old, it must have been a snow day because I was playing with friends in the front yard in the snow. Some teenage kids came down the street and a snowball fight ensued, they were creaming us younger kids who had to take shelter on the porch. As they walked away, I made one last attempt, they were pretty much out of my range, but I threw a snowball as hard as I possible could, it arced across the sky and came down right smack dab on top of one of the kid's heads. I remember his head scrunching down a little as it hit him totally by surprise and snow splattered out in every direction from his head. My friends and I acted like we had just won WW2.

Braving the furnace monster (age 6 or 7).

We didn't have a thermostat for the furnace, only an on/off switch. When the switch went bad I became the switch. I had to go down into the furnace pit and turn on the furnace. Usually about an 8 inch flame would shoot out of the vent by the control. Once in awhile it would scorch the hair in my wrist. The victory was when I got brave enough to turn it on slowly so the flame wouldn't come out.

This was in the era when the youngest child was the tv remote ("Mike, go change it to channel 4.") and general gopher. I do not miss those days. I do regret lacking sufficient empathy for my old man.

Jumping "mushroom hill" on my bicycle in fourth grade. Established me as a neighborhood bad ass on anything with wheels. Up until me, only jr. high/high school kids had landed unscathed.

Jumping "mushroom hill" on my bicycle in fourth grade. Established me as a neighborhood bad ass on anything with wheels. Up until me, only jr. high/high school kids had landed unscathed.

It was really stupid too. More kids broke limbs trying to jump that hill than successfully made it by an easy 2:1 margin. I think only about 8 kids could claim that hill before they closed the quarry and built condos.

Braving the furnace monster (age 6 or 7).

We didn't have a thermostat for the furnace, only an on/off switch. When the switch went bad I became the switch. I had to go down into the furnace pit and turn on the furnace. Usually about an 8 inch flame would shoot out of the vent by the control. Once in awhile it would scorch the hair in my wrist. The victory was when I got brave enough to turn it on slowly so the flame wouldn't come out.

This was in the era when the youngest child was the tv remote ("Mike, go change it to channel 4.") and general gopher. I do not miss those days. I do regret lacking sufficient empathy for my old man.

We had a furnace monster too, I didn't have to light it, but it would make some scary-a** noises that seemingly always started the moment I started down the stairs to the basement. I remember yelling at it one time, I was so mad at being scared of it, I loudly dared it to come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom