::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, one and all! Yesterday's TV antenna project was a success. We went from receiving 5 digital channels and one analog channel (which never really came in), to getting 41 digital and 1 analog.

I've not yet had time to check them all out, so I'm not sure what all is there. I think several are shopping channels, which I will never watch. It's still better than what we had, and for a price roughly equivalent to one month of cable TV....

We get perhaps 50 channels. Quite a few are not for me. At least there are choices. And the price is right.

We were filling out paperwork and my wife said volunteer....I said well you gotta be approved and you know...

I'm a multi credentialed teacher.

I passed the background check for the secret service.

My son's school still made me do an additional fingerprinting and background check to be able to volunteer at his school.

It's a good thing I guess but a pain in the butt when I know I'm already clear and it's verified.

I'm a multi credentialed teacher.

I passed the background check for the secret service.

My son's school still made me do an additional fingerprinting and background check to be able to volunteer at his school.

It's a good thing I guess but a pain in the butt when I know I'm already clear and it's verified.

Why did you apply for the secret service?

Why did you apply for the secret service?

My friend did and I just wanted to see if I could pass the background check. I had just passed the screening for teaching and from my previous job I had semi-high level govt. clearance already. Just for sh*ts and giggles mostly.

They dig up all kinds of stuff I didn't even remember but for the most part I'm a squeaky clean kid because I've never been caught for the stupid stuff.

My friend did and I just wanted to see if I could pass the background check. I had just passed the screening for teaching and from my previous job I had semi-high level govt. clearance already. Just for sh*ts and giggles mostly.

They dig up all kinds of stuff I didn't even remember but for the most part I'm a squeaky clean kid because I've never been caught for the stupid stuff.

Okay, but why? Those things cost good money.

Okay, but why? Those things cost good money.

To see if I could pass.

It was part of the application for the SS and I didn't pay anything. I was applying for a position as an Instructional Designer within the SS. I had one friend that was a desk jockey in the SS and he told me it was a job with great benefits and retirement.

The position I applied for was based in Maryland and I didn't want to relocate so I ended up withdrawing my application.

It was more of a whim.

Did I ever tell you guys about the time a Secret Service agent recovered a stolen ukulele for me?

To see if I could pass.

It was part of the application for the SS and I didn't pay anything. I was applying for a position as an Instructional Designer within the SS. I had one friend that was a desk jockey in the SS and he told me it was a job with great benefits and retirement.

The position I applied for was based in Maryland and I didn't want to relocate so I ended up withdrawing my application.

It was more of a whim.
Fingerprinting and background checks for the state of California are at least $100. Probably the same process teachers go thru.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom