::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's up Stephen?!

Not much work took a trip to Oklahoma City last weekend it was good don't know if you remember the crazy girl I tryed to date there? Well we had a nice conversation so seems like the 2 year old drama has ended so that's nice.

I can see I'm gonna have to take you backpacking the CORRECT way..... I mean - worse thing that can happen is you'll feel excruciating pin.... win win! :D

Arch supports might help?

Uke club meeting today!

I'll probably be playing percussion though. We have a couple folks who have their own pace, and they don't match. It's a struggle.

There are railroad tracks about a half mile from our condo, carrying both freight and passenger trains. While in Florida, I forgot how much I enjoy hearing the trains go by. Some folks find it annoying, but I like it....

I grew up in Dundas and could watch the trains go by the CN mainline from our kitchen window and out the window of many of our High school classrooms. I got to know the Station master at the Dundas station and spent many evenings up there shooting the $#!*.
In grade 13 winter break, a friend and I read about a narrow gauge steam RR in Cass, West Virginia and we drove down to witness some live steam climaxes, shays and heislers in operation.
My first out of town job was in Hagersville where there was an NYC/TH&B crossing and the whistles would sound at all times of the day.
These days I'm in Port Hope, a town with two viaducts running over the town (CN and CP) and whistles blow constantly day and night. I love it and can't wait for the spring when I can open the windows and hear the trains go by in the night.
It surprises me that there was a movement to stop the trains from using their whistles (I guess diesels really have horns, but everyone calls them whistles) in the town limits. Why would anyone move to Port Hope who doesn't like the sound of trains?

I don't mind being stopped at a RR crossing but I really miss cabooses. The FREDs (Flashing Rear End Devices) just don't give me closure.
Here is a steam engine passing over one of Port Hope's viaducts about a decade ago. This was a big deal and the whole town turned out to watch this glimpse into the world of yesteryear. I took this photo and am glad that it included the clock tower from the PH Town Hall in the bottom right corner.
The B&W photo in the attached thumbnail is a photo from the Port Hope Archives.
steam.jpg

Attachments

• Steam On Viaduct.jpg
    Steam On Viaduct.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I grew up in Dundas and could watch the trains go by the CN mainline from our kitchen window and out the window of many of our High school classrooms. I got to know the Station master at the Dundas station and spent many evenings up there shooting the $#!*.
In grade 13 winter break, a friend and I read about a narrow gauge steam RR in Cass, West Virginia and we drove down to witness some live steam climaxes, shays and heislers in operation.
My first out of town job was in Hagersville where there was an NYC/TH&B crossing and the whistles would sound at all times of the day.
These days I'm in Port Hope, a town with two viaducts running over the town (CN and CP) and whistles blow constantly day and night. I love it and can't wait for the spring when I can open the windows and hear the trains go by in the night.
It surprises me that there was a movement to stop the trains from using their whistles (I guess diesels really have horns, but everyone calls them whistles) in the town limits. Why would anyone move to Port Hope who doesn't like the sound of trains?

I don't mind being stopped at a RR crossing but I really miss cabooses. The FREDs (Flashing Rear End Devices) just don't give me closure.
Here is a steam engine passing over one of Port Hope's viaducts about a decade ago. This was a big deal and the whole town turned out to watch this glimpse into the world of yesteryear. I took this photo and am glad that it included the clock tower from the PH Town Hall in the bottom right corner.
The B&W photo in the attached thumbnail is a photo from the Port Hope Archives.
View attachment 108402

Train whistles are the "Blues in the Night".

I take mine off when I have clients. Mike always wears him and his dad ring the kids got him when they were little.

Katie and Luis are both very active people (rock climbing, hiking etc). She has a gorgeous engagement ring. Luis wanted to wear some type of ring between now and the wedding so They bought silicon bands to wear when they are out doing things where they might get banged up. I really like them. I might buy a pair for Mike and I.

We're going to get cheap titanium or tungsten rings for our trip to Europe. Maybe silicone bands, though I want metal to maintain the ring dent around my finger.

I always wear mine. When I was working I might take it off. Actually there were rules against wearing them. Electricity, heat, smashing it on your finger, degloving your finger, stuff like that.

Yeah - those are good reasons. Degloving *shudder*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom