::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A very happy and healthy new day to all!

Errors
The following errors occurred with your submission
This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 4 seconds.

TGIF!
Friday- Maybe cut some wood after work, maybe go to town if the wife wants to.
Saturday - Hope to stay home and work around the property. Plant some trees.
Sunday- No plans.

When I was a kid I was uncomfortable calling my friends' parents by their first names even if they asked. My friend Pete's mom became known - to this day -
as "Mrs. Peter's Mom"

I"m "Mr. James' Dad" on the playground. One kid has started calling me Mr. Yoshida. His mom told him that's what he'll have to call me when he gets to my school.

Rafe Report: (It's basketball club season now so)

Friday: School basketball game, followed by club team practice, followed by "stacked" team practice. This year our boys got divided up because the league plays 4/5 grades together. All our boys from last year had a miserable time because they were divided among four teams and the fourth graders this year are remarkably unskilled. So we put together all the 5th graders and entered a tournament. They bumped us up to the 6th grade division when they saw our roster (we have six kids that play on pretty elite club teams). Our team name is "Tomodachi Terrors" (friends) which really makes no sense but the kids wanted it.

Sat: All day Tournament for one of our league teams. They'll play two games on Sat. and one on Sun.

Sun: Hopefully the championship game. But yeah, more basketball.

Mon: Consult with the doctor who is going to do my angiogram. I took the whole day off since the appointment is in the middle of my day. I guess I'll catch up on correcting papers.

Good morning Don.

It's probably June by now as you read this and you'll have to catch up to us NoGoPoHos.

Rafe Report: (It's basketball club season now so)

Friday: School basketball game, followed by club team practice, followed by "stacked" team practice. This year our boys got divided up because the league plays 4/5 grades together. All our boys from last year had a miserable time because they were divided among four teams and the fourth graders this year are remarkably unskilled. So we put together all the 5th graders and entered a tournament. They bumped us up to the 6th grade division when they saw our roster (we have six kids that play on pretty elite club teams). Our team name is "Tomodachi Terrors" (friends) which really makes no sense but the kids wanted it.

Sat: All day Tournament for one of our league teams. They'll play two games on Sat. and one on Sun.

Sun: Hopefully the championship game. But yeah, more basketball.

Mon: Consult with the doctor who is going to do my angiogram. I took the whole day off since the appointment is in the middle of my day. I guess I'll catch up on correcting papers.

I am presently bummed that I missed so much of Matt's early childhood.

Rafe Report:
Friday: Sign papers
Saturday: Fly back to Kansas
Sunday: Preaching and teaching disciples
Sunday afternoon: collapse

I"m "Mr. James' Dad" on the playground. One kid has started calling me Mr. Yoshida. His mom told him that's what he'll have to call me when he gets to my school.
My kids call me Miz K. When I started there, I didn't think it was fair, as a sub, to make them remember my polish name, and when you write it on the board people say KOLEski, not koLESki. Now I've been there for three years, so it's unlikely to change.

That makes me feel some kinda way. Those years are so needed for the foundation before the hurricane of teenagerhood.

I tried three times to spell adoles... but apparently I don't know how.

Rage report:

Homework remaining - powerpoint due Saturday, paper and final exam due Sunday.

Friday: homework
Saturday: invited to maple syrup festival with a friend from work but depends on homework status. pick spouse up from airport - YAY.
Sunday: church, where I am taking photos of youth ministry for a "goodbye" presentation to our youth ministry director the following week. More homework.

Then it's spring break for me! And I can do things like... my taxes!

When I hit my 40's I was resigned to the fact that I wouldn't have children and I was pretty bummed because I always thought I'd be a dad.

Then I met Mika and things got rolling pretty quick. Now I wish I had a child in my 30's so I'd have more energy. One of the couples we hang out with because of our sons could be my kids. In fact, the dad was a student at my school when I first started teaching. Talk about awkward.

I love being a dad.

And it sounds like you do too :). Cheer up and think of what the future holds for him.

My kids call me Miz K. When I started there, I didn't think it was fair, as a sub, to make them remember my polish name, and when you write it on the board people say KOLEski, not koLESki. Now I've been there for three years, so it's unlikely to change.

Wow, those three years flew by fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom