::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is trash day. Our city recycles glass, plastic, cardboard, aluminum, tin cans....just about everything. We have a very large separate trash can the trash truck picks up. Recently a neighbor of ours started collecting aluminum cans, glass bottles, and plastic bottles for pocket change. She's quite crazy but very pleasant, we've known her for years. She always asks before rooting thru your recyclables. We always tell her no problem, go right ahead. Management got after her, I guess some ass complained...so she always has to move the huge trash recepticle into the driveway before looking thru it and then has to drag it back out into the street again. This week Mike brought home a smaller can and he's been separating the bottles and cans into it for her. I'm sitting in my house and I just heard her out there in my driveway discover her can of recyclables. She's so delighted.

I took an old smoker and an old bbq to the recycle depot yesterday. We have weekly curbside recycling, but big items that don't fit in the can have to be taken in yourself. These two items were too far gone to put on the curb with a "free" sign on them ;). I dismantled them and removed anything non recyclable (wooden shelves and handles, mostly). The smoker's bolts were rusted tight in a couple of places so I used a sledge hammer to remove the barrel from the stand. THAT WAS FUN.

I never worked outside yesterday...just didn't have the energy. I'm going to water this morning. Have a dentist appointment today and a bunch of errands. Hopefully the humidity stays down.

Remember the ollas I talked about? The clay pots you bury to water your plants?

Our two planters with the olla experiment are going crazy. I've never had bigger or more robust pepper plants. They are gorgeous and the peppers on them are beautiful. Emma's planter is going nuts with herbs. This has been a really fun experiment - might have to get some for the raised beds for next year!

I never worked outside yesterday...just didn't have the energy. I'm going to water this morning. Have a dentist appointment today and a bunch of errands. Hopefully the humidity stays down.

My heirloom tomatoes are ginormous. None have ripened yet so I don't know how they raste, but my cherry tomatoes are super sweet. And the other tomatoes are good but the skin is really thick.

Our two planters with the olla experiment are going crazy. I've never had bigger or more robust pepper plants. They are gorgeous and the peppers on them are beautiful. Emma's planter is going nuts with herbs. This has been a really fun experiment - might have to get some for the raised beds for next year!

Our Thai chili peppers are huge this year, way bigger than ever. The tallest ones must be over 4 foot tall, I've got to take some pics. Hooray for chicken poop.

And with that, I'M ALL CAUGHT UP! PoHoMoJo to all that need it. Sorry to hear about traffic accidents, senior care issues, offspring issues and the like....

Today is NTD (new truck day) for me! In about 2 1/2 hours someone from the dealership will come and pick me up from work to go take delivery of my new truck.

I'm spool excited!!

those would be handy for vacation time too.

Its raining its pouring... makes me want to take a nap.

I got all my cases online, a lot more ukes online... my numbers for that are good.

Did papwerwork today which I hate... but I did it and am happy to be caught up!

Floyd Fest later this week! WOOT! I am excited!!! Moreso when I thought I needed to be there Wednesday and it turns out I need to be there Thursday evening so I have more time to prepare!

Our Thai chili peppers are huge this year, way bigger than ever. The tallest ones must be over 4 foot tall, I've got to take some pics. Hooray for chicken poop.

I recently got one of those rotating bin composters. It has two compartments, one for cooking and one for adding. I think it's going to work great for my tiny garden.

I told hubby and son to pee in it once in a while. They think I'm nuts.

Do you think chicken poop will help my fruit trees grow? They dont want to get any bigger.

Though now we only have 2 chickens... because Felix went on another bender.

Anyone want a dog? He is AMAZING... just needs a chicken-less home :(

Levi knows I am so broken up about it he is looking into putting in an electric underground fence for me.

Because we've moved into the townhouse, and refuse to patronize Time Warner cable anymore. We're still looking at options. Right now I have a TV antenna I bought, and get three channels on the TV....

I finally gave in to the monster known as cable. That was our only option here.

Today is trash day. Our city recycles glass, plastic, cardboard, aluminum, tin cans....just about everything. We have a very large separate trash can the trash truck picks up. Recently a neighbor of ours started collecting aluminum cans, glass bottles, and plastic bottles for pocket change. She's quite crazy but very pleasant, we've known her for years. She always asks before rooting thru your recyclables. We always tell her no problem, go right ahead. Management got after her, I guess some ass complained...so she always has to move the huge trash recepticle into the driveway before looking thru it and then has to drag it back out into the street again. This week Mike brought home a smaller can and he's been separating the bottles and cans into it for her. I'm sitting in my house and I just heard her out there in my driveway discover her can of recyclables. She's so delighted.

Aw!!! You and Mike are real sweeties!! Good for you!!

QOTD: Do you have a reoccurring dream or reoccurring topic in your dreams?

That there is a door in my house that I realize I never noticed, then I open it... and there is another room. With nothing in it. And I am like, 'Wow! I have so much room".
When I had 7 kids in the charlotte house it was an easily reoccuring dream.
Now, not so much but it still happens when things feel a little cluttered and overwhelming.
I need to declutter. People just give us stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom