::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We get some reggae-fied tunes over here too, they call it Jawaiian music. Hawaii-based musicians making usually R&B covers with a reggae beat.

Google let me down.
There was a meme going around about the piano used for Hawaiian reggae - it only had three white keys and two black keys - because it seems like they just hit one chord over and over through the entire song :D

My Pandora station for Hawaiian music is "Jawaiian"

What is killing me is that some of my formerly favorite foods are super high in sodium.

Stupid fish and chips are like 1,600 - 2,500mg. of salt per serving at restaurants. And that's just the fish. No fries.

Anything I can think of Korean and Chinese is now off the table. Japanese pickled anything is now dead to me.

Next time I have some free time I'm going to try to find a sight that specializes in low sodium or sodium free cooking supplies. I need low-sodium mirin. It's like a staple for so many Japanese foods/sauces and I can't locate where to purchase the low/no sodium version. That would open up teriyaki sauces, sukiyaki bases, all kinds of home style Japanese food. I also need to check out Indian food. They have so many spices I'm hoping that salt is used sparingly in their foods.

I like baba ganoush and it's okay for me to eat but I can't have pita so I need to figure out a veggie to eat it with. Maybe bell pepper or something like that. I'm not a huge fan of carrots or celery which seems like a logical goto to dip as a veggie.

I saw this brand referenced as being low sodium: https://www.amazon.com/Shirakiku-Furikake-Katsuo-Mirin-1-5-Ounce/dp/B001AY9MIQ

O'Hare is a mad house, but the worst airport in the US has to be Newark. Really grimy, like an old bus station.

I've been weather and equipment delayed at O'Hare so many times...I missed my son's confirmation because of one of those. I don't usually hold grudges, but I hold a grudge against O'Hare (even if it's not the airport's fault itself).

Now Denver - that place is huge, but I'm getting to know the airport well and I like it.

Last time I went to UWC I flew through Chicago because I had a great deal on airfare and I like to drive. It was fun.

I get nervous driving through unknown areas.

Going to Bandon Oregon I drove through areas that looked like a forested version of deliverance. Even down to multiple cars on blocks and rebel flags flying freakishly proud . . . in Or.

some of the places looked like trailer park compounds, not like a trailer park all nice and neat but positioned randomly on the property more like a fort.

I've been weather and equipment delayed at O'Hare so many times...I missed my son's confirmation because of one of those. I don't usually hold grudges, but I hold a grudge against O'Hare (even if it's not the airport's fault itself).

Now Denver - that place is huge, but I'm getting to know the airport well and I like it.

But it's so far from the city of Denver. It's like having San Jose's airport in Stockton.

Interesting! From cassava root. Sounds like a basic starch that would be a side for a meal - like rice or potatoes?

Wikipedia says Cameroon is one of the places where it's common - the guy who sits next to me is from Cameroon. I'll have to ask him about it tomorrow when he's back.

Pretty sure that was in Swiss Family Robinson, or maybe Black Stallion.

Last time I went to UWC I flew through Chicago because I had a great deal on airfare and I like to drive. It was fun.

Nanilei and I drove from O'Hare to Indy once when we were attending Formula One.
It was a neat drive, but not immediately after a red-eye flight from John Wayne airport stopping in Denver on the way - we were kind of too tired to really enjoy the drive. The way back was more fun, and we spent the night in Chicago, neither of us had ever been there before.

I bought one of those giant wedge foam "pillows" to sleep on.

Last night I just slid down and my underwear bunched up in my crotch.

Not very comfortable.

Though honestly, if you're using a wedge pillow, you're going to want to get a knee block to keep your ass in place.

I like that airport. Even though last time I fly was last decade.

My class is learning how to caramelize onions today for French Onion soup.

Only one kid in the class is immune to crying. I thought there'd be more.

Totally filming the next class. They're so dramatic about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom