::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had weird experiences with private rescue centers, some of them seem to be little more than dog hoarders.

Same experience. Rejected by a dog hoarder who said she likes to adopt out to "the gays" because "they treat dogs like their children". Um.... ok. So we went to a breeder. No shame in my game.

Man that was a lot of work.

I just looked up every student's birthday. I plan on celebrating each one of them but I need to figure out how. 150 students is too many for cakes. Any ideas?

A cupcake or doughnut on their birthday?

Made out of ramen noodles?

I just looked up every student's birthday. I plan on celebrating each one of them but I need to figure out how. 150 students is too many for cakes. Any ideas?

A fruitcake. They'll throw it in the garbage. You can pull it out and use it the next time.

When will you celebrate those whose birthdays fall outside of the school year?

A cupcake is perfect.

In other news, Tookta has been eating dragon fruit lately so on a whim we bought a dragon fruit "tree" off of ebay. It's more like a cactus, I had no idea. It's already growing.

At my dads house my sister planted like 10. They grow crazy fast. And they spread a lot. We had dragon fruit of every color and tons of them. I loved them. It's so sad that all those plant have just been bull dozed.

They taste best right after you pick them otherwise they lose their flavor fast. The ones in the store are crappy. They are old. And they are $7 each.

When will you celebrate those whose birthdays fall outside of the school year?

Birthdays outside the school year will be celebrated as "half" birthdays during their "half" birthday month. Mine is Aug. 3, I'd celebrate that Feb. 3rd.

IMG_20170817_1641085_rewind.jpgIMG_20170817_1641215_rewind.jpgIMG_20170817_1641368_rewind.jpg

It's officially finished! This is the culmination of two years and two months worth of work. It has been a labor of love.

I'm proud of how it came out. Would someone do me the favor, please, of making these big, so folks can see? I'd really appreciate it....

Last edited:
Funny, but I'm so stoked over having finished it that the first thing that occurred to me was to call Elaine and share the moment with her.

After having spent over two years working on it secretly, so it could be a big surprise as a Christmas gift....

View attachment 102422View attachment 102423View attachment 102424

It's officially finished! This is the culmination of two years and two months worth of work. It has been a labor of love.

I'm proud of how it came out. Would someone do me the favor, please of making these big, so folks can see? I'd really appreciate it....

I just noticed how washed out the color looks in the closer pictures. It's really a very pretty lilac, or lavender color, with just a hint of glitter from a shiny white thread that runs through the yarn. Much better looking in person, color-wise....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom