::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have about a 30 minute drive to totality - unless the traffic turns out to be the nightmare that they're predicting. I guess there was a 30 mile backup LAST NIGHT along a 2-lane US highway into a Central Oregon town that's really bracing for the tourism impact. If it was that bad last night I can't even imagine what the weekend is going to be like. I'm researching the best teeny back roads to get far enough south of home to see the totality.

I have lived here all my life - this will be my second total solar eclipse - there was one in 1978 when I was in 5th grade. I remember it well!
Yep. Back roads.

Bond, Vaga Bond moved back home today. There's already tension. He thinks it might only be for a few months. He seems to have found a home with the coffee house/restaurant he's working at now. They're giving him more work & responsibility. We've re-done the floors with eggshells.

Bond, Vaga Bond moved back home today. There's already tension. He thinks it might only be for a few months. He seems to have found a home with the coffee house/restaurant he's working at now. They're giving him more work & responsibility. We've re-done the floors with eggshells.

Here's a prayer for light footsteps on that new flooring...

I just bought two tickets to an ox and pig roast, which a local farmer is hosting as a fund raiser for the committee to celebrate the bicentennial/sesquicentennial of the town/village. It sounds like fun, with lots of food, live music, line dancing for those so inclined, and a cash bar for those that want it. It's coming up September 9th....

That sounds fun, Don.

Man that was a lot of work.

I just looked up every student's birthday. I plan on celebrating each one of them but I need to figure out how. 150 students is too many for cakes. Any ideas?

A cupcake or doughnut on their birthday?

Personalized card with something you like or appreciate about them maybe?

So today was not a good day. In fact, it was a bad day.

The morning meeting was fine. We had a great speaker (he was on Ellen with his class). Very motivational. So far so good. But then . . .

We all got on buses to tour the places where our kids live. Great idea . . .

EXCEPT we were riding on the bus for over an hour and I have bad motion sickness. So, by the time we were back at the meeting place, I was on the verge of barfing. It was lunch time. I was smelling all of that food and feeling worse. Couldn't even eat. Spent most of the afternoon feeling barfy. Couldn't leave until 4.

I am finally home. Feeling a little better but still sick and headachy. I am going to try to eat some rice or crackers . . . It will take me a couple of days to feel well again.

Not fun at all. :(

(((Jan))) That sucks.

Yep. Back roads.

I heard there will be an additional 17,000 rental cars on the roads around here. Then there's the people who drove from out of state. My ass will be firmly planted at home on Monday. If I have to go out for anything, I'm riding my bike.

Poho mojo for the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom