::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning kids. Work today. Looking forward to seeing the school. Major renovation happened while I was gone. One owner of the school is gone, and an investor came in with loads of dollars to spend upgrading the place. This all happen fast and furiously in the last month. I'm happy that this is all happening; it was this or they were going to go under. Hopefully this along with some other things that are happening regarding enrollment requirements and possible grant funding will breath new life into the place.

Yay, I'm so glad to hear the school is not closing. Have they filed the paperwork to qualify for federal aid yet? That will help a lot with enrollment, I would think.

Last edited:
Morning kids. Work today. Looking forward to seeing the school. Major renovation happened while I was gone. One owner of the school is gone, and an investor came in with loads of dollars to spend upgrading the place. This all happen fast and furiously in the last month. I'm happy that this is all happening; it was this or they were going to go under. Hopefully this along with some other things that are happening regarding enrollment requirements and possible grant funding will breath new life into the place.

Good news

Nap? I just woke up.

I've been up for just over four hours, since 7am. I had to get up early for my doctor's appointment.

Napping isn't working. I keep dozing off, here in my recliner, but I keep snoring myself awake. I can't sleep worth a darn without my CPAP....

I think I'm awake enough now to do....something. Maybe read, maybe knit. Then, after lunch, I think I'll work some more on Elaine's project.

It worked out really well on Tuesday. I was careful not to over-do it, and I made progress without crippling myself up for a week. I didn't make my hamstrings sore, at all....

"HAVE YOU EVER PLAYED THIS GAME BEFORE?! DO YOU KNOW THE OBJECTIVE?!"

I may or may not have lost it on two kids who completely screwed me on multiple hands of blackjack when I had a substantial amount of money bet.

How does someone else screw you? Isn't blackjack just you vs. the dealer?

Our internet connection has been flakey the last couple of days. The modem works fine but the internet connection has been going off and on. Like, it works for five minutes off for a few minutes. Right now it seems to be fine. Infrastructure no doubt. They must have a bad connection some where. Still a PITA though. You don't know how much you count on the connection 'til you don't have it.

I hate it when the internet cuts out like that. I have a technique to counter it that always works. You just have to pu

Wow! That's cool. I hope the investor is easy to work with and terms will allow the situation to improve.

I just called to try to order parts for my gas grill. I have the book, with the model number and part numbers. I need the three main burner tubes and the heat deflector shields that fit over them.

The nice lady on the phone took my order, and was asking about shipping information, when I asked her for the invoice total. $334!!

I just called to try to order parts for my gas grill. I have the book, with the model number and part numbers. I need the three main burner tubes and the heat deflector shields that fit over them.

The nice lady on the phone took my order, and was asking about shipping information, when I asked her for the invoice total. $334!!

I am NOT paying $334 to repair an old grill. I don't think I even paid $334 for the thing when I bought it.

It looks like I'm going grill shopping, which pi$$es me off. This grill is repairable, and I'd rather fix it than replace it, but not at that price....

How does someone else screw you? Isn't blackjack just you vs. the dealer?

I suppose another player could draw cards out of the deck that you may have wanted, but I don't see where your hand is any of their concern. Like you said, it's the player against the house. I don't think any player has an obligation to aid or protect another player's interests....

It totally sucks being exhausted, hung over, hot and wanting to go home, but you have to pick up other people's stinky trash. It's the worst!

I can imagine.
One year Jon Hughes and I went around the field on a Saturday night picking up garbage and beer cans. It was really unbelievable how piggish and self-absorbed people can be.
Sally's recycling project has really helped. Apparently just not enough.

I am NOT paying $334 to repair an old grill. I don't think I even paid $334 for the thing when I bought it.

It looks like I'm going grill shopping, which pi$$es me off. This grill is repairable, and I'd rather fix it than replace it, but not at that price....

I just called the local Sears Kenmore parts place, and they can supply the exact same parts for under $190. What's up with that?

They have the burners in stock, which will get me back up and running, and can order the deflectors, which will be shipped to my home in under a week.

Sounds better than buying a new grill, and better than the $334 the 1-800 parts place listed in the manual wanted....

There are aftermarket burners out there that can bring new life to old grills - I installed one years ago and it got me another 5 years. It won't be at all the same burner - they come with their own clips and retaining hardware, but it's way cheaper.

I suppose another player could draw cards out of the deck that you may have wanted, but I don't see where your hand is any of their concern. Like you said, it's the player against the house. I don't think any player has an obligation to aid or protect another player's interests....

And how would you know what's coming up next? I mean, I know card counting is a thing and skilled players can do it, but isn't the presence of other players something you need to account for anyway, whether they play well or not?

I can imagine.
One year Jon Hughes and I went around the field on a Saturday night picking up garbage and beer cans. It was really unbelievable how piggish and self-absorbed people can be.
Sally's recycling project has really helped. Apparently just not enough.

I remember that. It was actually a great feeling to do it.

I just called the local Sears Kenmore parts place, and they can supply the exact same parts for under $190. What's up with that?

They have the burners in stock, which will get me back up and running, and can order the deflectors, which will be shipped to my home in under a week.

Sounds better than buying a new grill, and better than the $334 the 1-800 parts place listed in the manual wanted....

So is this grill made of gold or something? You can still get a decent grill for $190...why so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom