::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teaching kids to sharpen knives on a whetstone today.

Hope I don't need all the extra band aids I bought.

I once spent a day learning about nothing but whetstone. A regional nature preserve had an old whetstone quarry and they had an expert do a day long class. The quarry had a lot of cool tree trunk fossils in it. We ended the day at a cemetery looking at whetstone tombstones, which by the way is the way to go, they last forever.

. . . or maybe you're part Asian?!

Hmmmmmmmm.

I've done the 23 and Me DNA test. 99.5% Northern European (58% British Isles), .4% Southern European, .1% undetermined. Even if that .1% was Asian (and my brother got the same results but his .1% was identified as Eastern European) I doubt it would be enough to shove hairs up my nose.

I once spent a day learning about nothing but whetstone. A regional nature preserve had an old whetstone quarry and they had an expert do a day long class. The quarry had a lot of cool tree trunk fossils in it. We ended the day at a cemetery looking at whetstone tombstones, which by the way is the way to go, they last forever.

I had no idea whetstone was a type of stone! I assumed it was just the term for a knife sharpening block and didn't specifically relate to any type of rock.

I've done the 23 and Me DNA test. 99.5% Northern European (58% British Isles), .4% Southern European, .1% undetermined. Even if that .1% was Asian (and my brother got the same results but his .1% was identified as Eastern European) I doubt it would be enough to shove hairs up my nose.

Hahaha

I just read a mustache grooming site article, and yes there are mustache grooming sites on the internet, that said to use an Elmer's glue stick to train wayward hairs. My hairs just want to grow out. They don't go up my nose, but there were pics of those types of mustaches on the website.

I also read an article about those sites and how they sell your information to all kinds of places. They make more money selling your information than they do from testing it. Kind of 1984/Big Brother scary.

No wonder you like malt forward beers

I also read an article about those sites and how they sell your information to all kinds of places. They make more money selling your information than they do from testing it. Kind of 1984/Big Brother scary.

I'm sure they do! I got my testing done for free - I'm participating in a study they're conducting. I checked out the work they're doing in the study and it's legit. Sure, they're probably selling my other data as well, but the study methods are sound and the results should have value.

I'm sure they do! I got my testing done for free - I'm participating in a study they're conducting. I checked out the work they're doing in the study and it's legit. Sure, they're probably selling my other data as well, but the study methods are sound and the results should have value.

The article said medical insurance companies were the largest purchasers.

I guess they want to know if you are predisposed to expensive ailments.

It's been raining all morning but it's supposed to be sunny by 3:00pm.

We went to the beach yesterday. I got burned to a crisp. There was a really nice tropical breeze and some fine wispy clouds which colluded to fool you in to thinking you were not getting quite as much sun as you think.
The ocean was very nice too.
You would almost think this place would make a nice tourist destination or something.
The little beach by our house was pretty busy yesterday, I would say there were at least three other couples / families in our vicinity.

Oh, wait, does this post need to be in Comic Sans?

We went to the beach yesterday. I got burned to a crisp. There was a really nice tropical breeze and some fine wispy clouds which colluded to fool you in to thinking you were not getting quite as much sun as you think.
The ocean was very nice too.
You would almost think this place would make a nice tourist destination or something.
The little beach by our house was pretty busy yesterday, I would say there were at least three other couples / families in our vicinity.

Oh, wait, does this post need to be in Comic Sans?

Comic Sans not needed

(but I hope somebody slaps you on the back)

Do you have to hone those with a leather strap?

When I was a kid I never understood why barbers did that, but now I know.

Straight razors needed to be stropped (not strapped). With blades, you use it until it gets dull, and then you throw it away. Since a straight razor can hold an edge for a year or better, the strop helps keep the edge fresh and smooths out the little bumps and indentations that form. There are plenty of hundred year old straight razors that are still perfectly usable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom