::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens when you have an attack Gary?

Pain.

Abdominal pain much worse than kidney stones. That pain waxes and wanes. Pacreatitis is a constant non wavering increasing until you want to die pain. Or they give you morphine.

The first time I held off on the morphine for over 12 hours because in my head I was going to teach the next day. It wasn't until I got on my phone and wrote out sub plans and then called in for a sub that I agreed to the morphine.

I was a friggin' idiot.

The only worse pain I've had is when I broke my sternum and bruised my heart.

I use my fitness pal.com for that. Great database of food, they have everything.

The iPhone fitness app has a food journal section. I'm going to use that along with a couple other apps to help me track carbs. Just need to remember to do it after every meal.

I use my fitness pal.com for that. Great database of food, they have everything.

Yes I've used that a lot in the past, I kinda forgot about it. I guess I should dust off my fit bit too.

Pain.

Abdominal pain much worse than kidney stones. That pain waxes and wanes. Pacreatitis is a constant non wavering increasing until you want to die pain. Or they give you morphine.

The first time I held off on the morphine for over 12 hours because in my head I was going to teach the next day. It wasn't until I got on my phone and wrote out sub plans and then called in for a sub that I agreed to the morphine.

I was a friggin' idiot.

The only worse pain I've had is when I broke my sternum and bruised my heart.

Ouch, I know that pancreatic cancer is supposed to be one of the most painful. We'd sometimes get junkies and drunks on the psych unit who declared they had pancreatitus because the word on the street was you'd get good drugs. I'd ask them by who/where/when they were diagnosed and they'd start mumbling nonsense.

Can I start journaling tomorrow?

So far today I started with a fruit danish and coffee from Philz. A chocolate chip cookie and half a biscuit that I made for class.

I need to go shopping for good stuff so I don't snack on stuff in my classroom.

So far today I started with a fruit danish and coffee from Philz. A chocolate chip cookie and half a biscuit that I made for class.

yes. And eat some protien meow so you don't crash hard when those sugars wear off.

yes. And eat some protien meow so you don't crash hard when those sugars wear off.

The only protein I have is peanut butter . . . and I need to wait until class is over. We're watching Hell's Kitchen to kill ten minutes of time. Next week they'll start having to do work sheets in the dead time.

Teaching them food costing, budgeting stuff.

Ouch, I know that pancreatic cancer is supposed to be one of the most painful. We'd sometimes get junkies and drunks on the psych unit who declared they had pancreatitus because the word on the street was you'd get good drugs. I'd ask them by who/where/when they were diagnosed and they'd start mumbling nonsense.

My brother was telling me some fascinating stories about working at Boston City Hospital during his final year of med school and working with methadone patients. It's amazing what they would do to manage the drug seeking behaviors.

Sounds like a fantastic day to start journaling. That way every time you look your first entry is the "what not to do" page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom