::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
On an even worse note.

I'm in my classroom setting up.

:(

My classroom is partly set up. I will work on it some more probably next week.

When do you start back? Our first teacher workday is August 22nd.

Nick got me curious. Here's what I found for cities that feed into the school where I teach:

"The median sales price for homes in Cupertino CA for Jul 15 to Sep 15 was $1,750,000. This represents an increase of 2%, or $35,000, compared to the prior quarter and an increase of 15.4% compared to the prior year. Sales prices have appreciated 82.3% over the last 5 years in Cupertino."

"Summary for Los Altos. The median sales price for homes in Los Altos CA for Jul 15 to Sep 15 was $2,575,000. This represents a decline of 0.6%, or $15,000, compared to the prior quarter and an increase of 15.7% compared to the prior year. Sales prices have appreciated 83.6% over the last 5 years in Los Altos."

"The median home value in Sunnyvale is $1,310,700. Sunnyvale home values have gone up 22.9% over the past year and Zillow predicts they will rise 6.5% within the next year. The median rent price in Sunnyvale is $3,775, which is higher than the San Jose Metro median of $3,500."

DAMON!

We have been approved for Hawaii for our November meeting! Sheryl and I will arrive Friday, November 4; she will leave Monday, November 7 and I will leave Friday, November 11.

Woohoo!

She got an apartment on St. Charles, in the Garden Dist. And is enrolled in Tulane to start on her post grad degree.

Tulane_Campus_Aerial.jpg

I don't know too much about Tulane U. But I hear they have been in business for a few years.

Wow. She has a FANTASTIC view from her apartment. I had no idea the buildings were so tall at Tulane!

DAMON!

We have been approved for Hawaii for our November meeting! Sheryl and I will arrive Friday, November 4; she will leave Monday, November 7 and I will leave Friday, November 11.

Woohoo!
congratulation Jon! How exciting!

DAMON!

Woohoo!

YAY!!!!!
Now all you have to do is make sure the plane is full on Friday, so that you have to fly home Saturday morning, so you can go to Canoe Hut with us!
Seriously Super Excited!

Nick got me curious. Here's what I found for cities that feed into the school where I teach:

"The median sales price for homes in Cupertino CA for Jul 15 to Sep 15 was $1,750,000. This represents an increase of 2%, or $35,000, compared to the prior quarter and an increase of 15.4% compared to the prior year. Sales prices have appreciated 82.3% over the last 5 years in Cupertino."

"Summary for Los Altos. The median sales price for homes in Los Altos CA for Jul 15 to Sep 15 was $2,575,000. This represents a decline of 0.6%, or $15,000, compared to the prior quarter and an increase of 15.7% compared to the prior year. Sales prices have appreciated 83.6% over the last 5 years in Los Altos."

"The median home value in Sunnyvale is $1,310,700. Sunnyvale home values have gone up 22.9% over the past year and Zillow predicts they will rise 6.5% within the next year. The median rent price in Sunnyvale is $3,775, which is higher than the San Jose Metro median of $3,500."

Screw the bay area. That's just ridiculous.

I like where I live better. :p

In 1984 I was an assistant minister at the church in Loa Altos. I made $15.5k a year. I did not live in Los Altos even then.

Last edited:
After poking around Grand Junction, I gotta say, this could work. Downtown Farmers Mkt in an hour. They close the main drag. This city is just 10,000 larger population than Leavenworth but is 4 times the city. Leavenworth has been thinking small for generations and can't break the habit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom