Page 5090 of 5164 FirstFirst ... 409045904990504050805088508950905091509251005140 ... LastLast
Results 50,891 to 50,900 of 51635

Thread: ::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Quote Originally Posted by Pueo View Post
    In 1992, the Grateful Dead had a new keyboard player, Vince Welnick (formerly of The Tubes), after the death of Brent Mydland.
    Vince wrote some new songs which were pretty cool and sent the Dead into a new direction. He also trotted out some crazy covers we (the Deadheads) had never heard or imagined they would ever play.
    In Las Vegas, Steve Miller was the opener and he joined the boys on stage for Baba O'Riley, and the place went nuts. Never heard the Dead play this song before. I was at this show, standing about 50 feet from the stage.
    When the synthesizer part started, the echo sounds were sent around the stadium, it was a really cool effect, you could hear each pulse of the echo move around right/left/front/back, it was awesome!

That's really cool.

I went to see the Dead once just to say I saw them. So many beach balls! The balloons all over the place reminded me of all the beach balls. Saw them at The Greek Theater in Berkeley. So so many people trippin'.
    9:23448

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

There is nothing quite so incongruous as seeing Jerry Garcia playing Pete Townshend guitars parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pueo View Post
    In 1992, the Grateful Dead had a new keyboard player, Vince Welnick (formerly of The Tubes), after the death of Brent Mydland.
    Vince wrote some new songs which were pretty cool and sent the Dead into a new direction. He also trotted out some crazy covers we (the Deadheads) had never heard or imagined they would ever play.
    In Las Vegas, Steve Miller was the opener and he joined the boys on stage for Baba O'Riley, and the place went nuts. Never heard the Dead play this song before. I was at this show, standing about 50 feet from the stage.
    When the synthesizer part started, the echo sounds were sent around the stadium, it was a really cool effect, you could hear each pulse of the echo move around right/left/front/back, it was awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by gyosh View Post
    I said that already.
    Jon's Facebooks
    The PoHo Store

We've got a ukulele cool that can't be faked. -hoosierhiver
    ...if being a good person was easy no one would be a dick. -skitzic
    I have no issues with bluntness, but being an asshat is not being blunt, it's just being an asshat. -austin1

Quote Originally Posted by RichM View Post
    Chee, what a grouch.
    Nah, Craig's a nice guy.
    "It is often said that the Church is a crutch. Of course it's a crutch. What makes you think you don't limp?" William Sloane Coffin, Jr.

"Never let the lyric get in the way of the groove." Allee Willis, songwriter

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous." Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by bbycrts View Post
    I said that already.
    My bad. .

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Quote Originally Posted by PereBourik View Post
    Nah, Craig's a nice guy.

Nice.

tevnletters

Passionately Untalented

There's an FB story about Andy Savage admitting to having molested a girl while he was a 22 year old minister and the congregation gave him a standing ovation. WTF?!

The worst part are the comments defending him and condemning the girl.

Incredible.

I should have stuck to listening to music.
    And this is why I want so badly to retire. Not my circus. Not my monkey. But lowlifes like this and the cults of personality which surround them give serious and disciplined churches even more headwind.
    "It is often said that the Church is a crutch. Of course it's a crutch. What makes you think you don't limp?" William Sloane Coffin, Jr.

That's really cool.

I went to see the Dead once just to say I saw them. So many beach balls! The balloons all over the place reminded me of all the beach balls. Saw them at The Greek Theater in Berkeley. So so many people trippin'.
    I seen them once rfk stadium in DC right before he passed

"And I play dress up every Sunday and try to make the case for an invisible friend" PereBourik

Old, getting ready for memory care, or both? I don't recognize most of that music.

Quote Originally Posted by PereBourik View Post
    Old, getting ready for memory care, or both? I don't recognize most of that music.
    I don't either. Is most of it hair band stuff?

Thread Information