::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes of course we will keep him in our thoughts.
There are so many folks employed by the military here on Oahu. Oahu is THE Pacific command for all branches of US Armed Forces. Man, if I knew all the perks you get for your service it may have been an option. Better rates on home loans, insurance, auto finance, just stuff in general here. A good friend of ours is getting ready to retire -
20 years of service, never saw combat, he is now a recruiter. He owns his own home here and will be retired at 40. Best of luck to Michael!

Thank you, and yes! If I had any idea of the perks I would have encourage all my kids, even myself to serve. Even if you just do one stint there are all sorts of good stuff for life.

Last edited:
Mojo at you Sally. Glad he is doing good. I would think that August in the South has to be the worst. I remember going to FL in August and we would come home to the hotel from 1 to 7 to avoid the heat and humidity and it was still bad

Exactly. And these guys are working in full camo with a sixty pound pack half the time.

(((((Sally)))))

Thank you all. It's just our current administration that worries me. For the last 8 years I felt safe...I've never felt so nervous about a presidents stance in the world as I do right now. With a son in the military it really wakes you up and makes you pay very close attention about what's going on in the world.

We should always be so aware.

Sounds like torture for a teenager

Snork. I remember my dad sitting me down. I was 10. I had no clue what he was talking about.

I seriously think it's not something you have to talk about once. I think it's something you have to just talk about ALL THE TIME starting at a very young age. That's how we handled it. We were just open about stuff. It was never a secret or something taboo. It was just part of life.
And you know what? None of my four kids had sex before they were ready. None of them ever forced themselves on anyone. None of them were ever taken advantage of. No one got pregnant or got anyone else pregnant. No one ever got an STD. They all knew if they had questions they could ask us and if they were too shy to ask us they could go to an older sibling or an aunt.
Hell, we still talk about sex and they're all adults.

So yeah, I'm claiming a win in that how to parent catagory.

Now I broke the thread.

I've been in my tiny backyard most of the day working on my plants. It's in the nineties. Too hot. There is a beach breeze but it's still too hot. Makes me grouchy.

Snork. I remember my dad sitting me down. I was 10. I had no clue what he was talking about.

I seriously think it's not something you have to talk about once. I think it's something you have to just talk about ALL THE TIME starting at a very young age. That's how we handled it. We were just open about stuff. It was never a secret or something taboo. It was just part of life.
And you know what? None of my four kids had sex before they were ready. None of them ever forced themselves on anyone. None of them were ever taken advantage of. No one got pregnant or got anyone else pregnant. No one ever got an STD. They all knew if they had questions they could ask us and if they were too shy to ask us they could go to an older sibling or an aunt.
Hell, we still talk about sex and they're all adults.

So yeah, I'm claiming a win in that how to parent catagory.

Sounds like a good plan. Making something normal into a huge deal distorts people's view of it.

Nice work, Sally!

Definitely. It is mostly rice wine vinegar, some water to dilute it, sugar to sweeten it,
salt for balance. Maybe Gary meant equal parts sugar and water, sounds about right.

It's osmosis.

Only a bit of the flavor makes its way into the actual veggie.

Spent all day in the yard digging in dirt. Felt good and my tiny backyards all cute again.

Just showered, going to go to the market, my cupboards are bare.

Bond, Vaga Bond has decided that Sunday family dinner is a thing. Joined us last week and again tonight. It's nice. He's changed jobs again but seems to be getting some perspective on his life choices. We'll see. . .

Bond, Vaga Bond has decided that Sunday family dinner is a thing. Joined us last week and again tonight. It's nice. He's changed jobs again but seems to be getting some perspective on his life choices. We'll see. . .

Sunday family dinner was never a thing at our house. Our family was a bit dysfunctional, so it's no surprise. It would have been nice, though, I think....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom