::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another 3 hr trip in the car. I arranged stuff and took another load back here. Also rearranged the unit a little and got another 5 ft of space. So there's that.

Finally got home from my brothers yearly party. It was a good year. Stayed today to watch the eclipse, then meandered home. Checked out a small town. Then drove thru Ojai.

I have today and Thursday left to work on the project in the garage before my wife returns from Florida. I think she'll be pleased....

with their head in the sand

I actually watched a video of a believer using the eclipse to prove his point the earth is flat. It's pretty funny. Part of his reasoning he uses a lamp and a soccer ball and the farther he moves the ball away from the lamp the shadow becomes smaller.

"See, it's impossible for the shadow to become smaller that the original object. The eclipse only cuts a 70mile wide path for totality, if the shadow is from the moon it would be much bigger."

And the topper, "Do you ever wonder why they tell you not to look at the sun?"

I actually watched a video of a believer using the eclipse to prove his point the earth is flat. It's pretty funny. Part of his reasoning he uses a lamp and a soccer ball and the farther he moves the ball away from the lamp the shadow becomes smaller.

"See, it's impossible for the shadow to become smaller that the original object. The eclipse only cuts a 70mile wide path for totality, if the shadow is from the moon it would be much bigger."

And the topper, "Do you ever wonder why they tell you not to look at the sun?"

This touches on a subject that I frequently muse about, people's ego can convince them of practically anything. People hear an idea they like, their ego tells them they are smarter than other people and thus correct and they agree with their ego. No evidence required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom