::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nursing was very good to me over the years, I didn't always like it, but it gave me the chance to have decent money and travel whenever I wanted and I helped people. It wasn't my choice, I wanted to be either a forest ranger or a zookeeper. My parents said no way they would pay for that, but they would pay for nursing school, so I ended up a nurse. I did that for about 20 years and made the decision to completely change my profession. You've got to do something, sorry, but those are the rules.

Stephen. We’ve all had this conversation with you many times. You gotta decide for yourself what you want to do. It’s like traveling to the field; only you can make it happen.

Well I could travel to the field but I don't think my wife would appreciate it much....or the kids. Or my in-laws. But if I was mid 20s I would have been there probably every year.

SOLO

[Am] Wild [C] horses [D]
[G] couldn't [F] drag me a[C]way

[Am] Wild wild [C] horses [D]
[G] we'll [F] ride them some [C] day

[C] [D] [G]

SOLO

[Am] Wild [C] horses [D]
[G] couldn't [F] drag me a[C]way

[Am] Wild wild [C] horses [D]
[G] we'll [F] ride them some [C] day

[C] [D] [G]

I'm at work, so I have no uke handy. I love trying out the music Rob posts, usually as soon as I see it. No such luck today.

I'll try to remember to check it out when I get home....

I'm at work, so I have no uke handy. I love trying out the music Rob posts, usually as soon as I see it. No such luck today.

I'll try to remember to check it out when I get home....

Speaking of being at work....the guy I've been filling in for (thus, working almost full time) was expected to come back to work tomorrow. He just called, and said he can't make it this week. Maybe next Thursday, is his best guess....

To be honest I'm getting tired of my family and getting a education talk feels like no matter how I go about things it does not please them I feel like moving away from them there's times I'm just tired of it all education is not the be all to end all fixes of everything. Call me whatever you want to.

Stephen - if you are happy with what you do and enjoy your life then you can blow off all the advice (heck, blow it all off under any circumstance - it's YOUR life!). However, I know in here we often hear your unhappiness with your situation - I'm sorry, but advice usually follows complaints. You're right that education is not the fix to everything, but sometimes it's necessary if you want to follow a dream. I never suggest education without a goal any more. I went to college and didn't have anything in mind for what to do when I was done. It took me almost 30 years to follow my dreams.

Wow. 11 hours between posts. Slackin' & lackin'.

We were at our church retreat - the reception was pretty iffy, so I was out of commission.

We had a lot of fun - relaxing and away from everything. My mom was unable to get through on the phone, so that was blissfully silent. Her care center had a way to get a hold of us in the event of emergencies, though.

I picked up a bow and arrow for the first time since I was in college - I still do pretty well! I took archery as a PE class 3 springs in a row in college and loved every minute of it. Sheryl and the girls came and joined me, too - at one point we had all four of us on the line. Annie was surprisingly good for her first time. They set her up with the cutest little compound bow I've ever seen. She hit a bullseye dead on.

There were butterflies EVERYWHERE. It was crazy and amazing and beautiful. We counted LOTS of five different species.

Unfortunately, the ticks have also been bad up there this spring. Our group saw way too many of them. Emma had one in her hair (fortunately it hadn't found her skin yet - she has a LOT of hair) and let out a shriek that could wake Lazarus. That was the only negative thing the whole weekend.

(for the religiously-inclined...) Our pastor had kids help him serve communion yesterday morning - it was awesome. He asked the little girl helping to break off a piece of bread for him - she did, then dipped it and fed it to him without being prompted. He's an Episcopal priest - he did your denomination proud, Padre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom