::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Saturday! I have a video conference training in an hour. Next yoga. Then to pick up a table cloth and runner for my display table. I have a networking and chair massage event tomorrow.

I have video conference training on Monday. Then I’ll be ready to start the new job. Getting to know my co-workers on their messaging platform. I found out they are going to have a meetup Sunday. I’m out because I have a Christmas Bazarr I’m working that day.

This last week has been so busy for me. I had a lot of balls up in the air. I constantly felt like I was going to drop them all. I dropped two. One worked out, but I’m still embarrassed and not happy about forgetting I had a client on Tuesday. This never happens! She ended up cancelling last minute. The other was I ended up not having time to drop off food for Bry on Wednesday. She’s on the hair and makeup team for the current play, so staying there till 7:30pm from the time school gets out. Wednesday’s are district wide half days and I don’t think she gets lunch on those days. Her friends were able to spot her a few bucks for lunch. I still feel kind of bad though. I said I would and didn’t follow through for my kid. I hate that. She’s very understanding about the situation. She knows I had a lot going on the last couple of weeks. Still I want to show my kids they are a priority above my career.

Oh no, Soo! You mean to tell me you are . . . (shudder) . . . human?!?!?! :p

Go easy on yourself. Bri didn't starve and the client cancelled. You've had a lot to deal with. Give your some grace, please!

(((Soo)))

That’s a hard one. Good vintage baritones can be found for a steel if you’re patient. Keep checking ebay, craigslist, etc. I see great ones for $60 or so all the time. Then save your money for a good affordable for you tenor?!!

There should be a Craigslist for us in the UK...

That’s a hard one. Good vintage baritones can be found for a steel if you’re patient. Keep checking ebay, craigslist, etc. I see great ones for $60 or so all the time. Then save your money for a good affordable for you tenor?!!

Some of the best baritones I have ever played were old, solid wood Harmonys.

I have a client in Wahiawa Monday morning. Going to swing by Ko'olau and check out the Luthiers for a Cause ukuleles while I am in town.
https://youtu.be/jWqkbp1KfEo
If you have not watched this video, even though it is quite long, I found it fascinating.
Plus, all six ukuleles were purchased (for charity) by one donor for $100,000.00 and they are going to have them remain as a collection. Pretty cool!

Going to ukulele kanikapila with Bryan Tolentino, Halehaku Seabury, Kelly Boy DeLima, and Po'omaikai Lyman today, looking forward to it!

Currently watching Episode II as well.

Some of the best baritones I have ever played were old, solid wood Harmonys.

I have a Silvertone that is probably made by Harmony. It’s a really great value considering the build quality and how little I paid for it. It has some history with it’s dings and scratches, but it’s one of the things I love about vintage instruments.

Last edited:
Today is the ukulele party. Almost done with the cleaning. Ham goes in the oven at 2 or 3. We have a countertop convection oven for parties, so I'll still be able to bake cookies and make roasted potatoes and onions while the ham is cooking.

It won't be a big party this year but I think we'll have a good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom