::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So got our mobile home back here. Fits pretty good in the driveway. As long as the neighbors are out we can get it in no problem. Hope they don't mind moving cars during the Summer for us.

That a motorhome, not a mobile home. Yours has a motor, mine does not.

Decorating today! I’m totally in the spirit. It’s hot here like always but we have a gorgeous marine layer that is keeping the coastline nice and cool. I even made hot cocoa for Mike and I.

I think I’m totally into it because I finally got the dates Michael will be home, dec 16-25. He flys out of LAX at 1am on dec 26, so we will be spending Christmas night driving to LA. Not fun but I’m happy we get to even see him at all. I know I won’t see him until next Christmas so I’m just hanging onto whatever I can get.

This totally threw the MIL into a panic. She had us slated for Christmas Day at her house but that won’t work now. She’s 2 hours south of us and LAX is an hour north of us (without holiday traffic) so we aren’t going to even try to see her that day. Trying to find a day prior to that when everyone can make it may be troublesome with Katie and Luis both in retail. (Katie just got a HUGE promotion at Nordstrom’s Rack too so she’s not about to ask any favors and I totally understand that).

It amuses me to have my MIL in a panic. Why am I evil like that?

Elaine did a bit of holiday decorating today, while I worked on other things. She hung a white, feathery-looking wreath on our front door, and decorated the mantlepiece.

It has some artificial greenery, woven with little white lights. In with the greenery are Rudolf and his sleigh, which came from my mother's house, and which I remember marveling over as a very young boy.

We swapped out the mural over the mantle, replacing the autumn scene with the winter one.

And, she found a little two-foot tall artificial tree that I don't remember from past years.

I think that's plenty, given the circumstances, but we'll see what happens....

Black Friday SCORE!!!!!
I went to Best Buy to evaluate two of the three TVs I had narrowed my search down to.
I decided I wanted 55" and I wanted a smart TV

I was probably going to buy the Samsung at Costco,
for $429.

Target had an LG for $424 that had almost identical specs, but only had 4 in stock at the Kailua store only (1 hour each way drive).
Costco has better return policy and also doubles the warranty.

Anyway I went to Best Buy because I could actually see the TVs powered on, etc.

So I see a Toshiba 55" 4K HDR Smart tv there for $379,
but I knew already it was out of stock because I looked online. As I was looking at it a clerk asked me if I needed help, and I asked him if he had any of these TVs in stock.
He said maybe, let me look and he disappeared for a long time.
He finally came back, and said he does not have this one in stock

BUT

I have one more of the doorbusters from yesterday,
same specs just no HDR, for $279 do you want it?

YES!

I told him I wanted to come to the doorbuster but I had to work yesterday.
He said that I guess someone forgot about this one here and my boss said sell it so here you go!

SUPER STOKED!

The built-in ChromeCast is fun.

I can use my phone as a remote for the TV.
It's pretty cool!

That's awesome Pueo!

I went out to a couple stores and really didn't see anything I needed. Def a good time to get a tv though.

I saw some people digging through bins for 10 dollar sweatshirts. They were acting like animals. The quality of the sweatshirts were horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom