::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as the parent discussion goes...

When I lost my dad I was strangely calm. When my brother called me to tell me I knew what he was going to say before he said it, really weird.

My dad had lung cancer, and had had half of his left lung removed, and was not doing particularly well after that procedure, but at least he was home (with his current wife and my younger brother). He just did not wake up one morning.

I left work and went over there to do what I could to help. I just kind of helped out with paperwork and we discussed what we were going to do for a memorial.
I knew he was in a bad way, so it was almost a - relief? when I knew he was not suffering anymore. I guess my brain accepted that he was not himself anymore and I was ok with that.
I just remember going to say bye to him, he was in the bed with the sheet pulled over him. I sat and talked to him and said bye, but I could not look at him. I did not want that to be the last memory of seeing his face.

My mom I imagine will be much more difficult.
Right now though, she is still being a total snot so I hope nothing happens. Then I will feel terrible.
I just wish she would snap out of it, but she seems to relish in playing the victim these days.

When I lost my dad I was strangely calm. When my brother called me to tell me I knew what he was going to say before he said it, really weird.

My dad had lung cancer, and had had half of his left lung removed, and was not doing particularly well after that procedure, but at least he was home (with his current wife and my younger brother). He just did not wake up one morning.

I left work and went over there to do what I could to help. I just kind of helped out with paperwork and we discussed what we were going to do for a memorial.
I knew he was in a bad way, so it was almost a - relief? when I knew he was not suffering anymore. I guess my brain accepted that he was not himself anymore and I was ok with that.
I just remember going to say bye to him, he was in the bed with the sheet pulled over him. I sat and talked to him and said bye, but I could not look at him. I did not want that to be the last memory of seeing his face.

Right now though, she is still being a total snot so I hope nothing happens. Then I will feel terrible.
I just wish she would snap out of it, but she seems to relish in playing the victim these days.

I got called at work at the Post Office when my mother passed at the nursing home. I left work, and went right over there. I found Mom in her room, in her bed....but not covered up. It's something I wish I hadn't had to see. Certainly not the final image of my mother I would have wanted....

It looks like the sun is going to shine today.
Two days this month we have equaled or gone slightly above the average temperature. All the rest we have been below. Substantially below, like ten to twenty degrees below. I guess it's whichever way to jet stream curves. It would be nice if it would lift to the north so we can get a little of that southwest warmth. But not to the extreme, please.

I think I was boasting about how healthy I've been earlier in the year. The last two or so weeks or so I've been coughing and blowing my nose. I'm ready for this to stop please. I guess Karma bit me on the bum on that one.

I think I was boasting about how healthy I've been earlier in the year. The last two or so weeks or so I've been coughing and blowing my nose. I'm ready for this to stop please. I guess Karma bit me on the bum on that one.

I was sick for a few days in Florida, in January, I think. But, for the most part, I've been very healthy....

My dad's been gone for 45 years, and although it's sad to say, I don't miss him. Long story.

My mom's been gone 17 years, and I still miss the woman she was, originally. I do not miss the alcohol-addled, dementia victim she ultimately became, but I sure miss the mother she once was....

My mom's liver disease had affected per personality, so it wasn't til towards the end that I saw who she would have been otherwise. A much kinder person. I regret that that was taken from all of us.

So in my back yard I had a Guava tree and a Papaya tree, both of them died.
The neighbor had this shrub/tree that grew above the fence and dropped lots of its berries and now those damn things are sprouting all over my back yard.
I hacked away a few of them that had become quite large.
I filled our Green bin last weekend, so I had to wait until it was collected to fill it again with the remainder of what I cut down yesterday.

As I was breaking down the branches I came across a hug pile of feathers. I guess that cat that hangs out in our back yard had a snack.
A spotted dove by the looks of the feathers.
When I was raking leaves yesterday I just about had a heart attack -as I was raking behind this tree the cat stirred and jumped to top of the fence - I was not expecting that!
Usually the biggest critters I disturb in the back yard are Mynahs and/or anoles.

I, too, encounter aholes in my yard.

Oh, and I had noticed my left arm was sore all week - I thought it was just mild tendinitis from all the yard work -so I was trying to take it easy at the gym. The last thing I did yesterday was run the trimmer on the grass in front.

Oh.

THAT was it. Immediate discomfort when I started swinging it around. That makes sense now. I had a marathon trimmer session last weekend in the back yard.

I have a bruise today that I actually remember how I got it!! Exciting stuff.

(I shut my shoulder in the car door.)

There are railroad tracks about a half mile from our condo, carrying both freight and passenger trains. While in Florida, I forgot how much I enjoy hearing the trains go by. Some folks find it annoying, but I like it....

I looooooovvvvveeee trains.

I got called at work at the Post Office when my mother passed at the nursing home. I left work, and went right over there. I found Mom in her room, in her bed....but not covered up. It's something I wish I hadn't had to see. Certainly not the final image of my mother I would have wanted....

My mom passed in the night, when my sister was at the hospital. (She was napping.) We went in that morning and she was just ... empty. And my dad made a sound I've never heard before.

He took his time in there saying goodbye, then I went and fixed mom's manicure, because weird things matter in those moments.

If you saw the end of that Meryl Streep movie about the lady who can't sing? I saw that soon after and it was spot on, except my mom was more yellow because of the liver disease. Meryl was done up very gray.

Hi, my name's freeda, and I like to depress everyone.

It looks like the sun is going to shine today.
Two days this month we have equaled or gone slightly above the average temperature. All the rest we have been below. Substantially below, like ten to twenty degrees below. I guess it's whichever way to jet stream curves. It would be nice if it would lift to the north so we can get a little of that southwest warmth. But not to the extreme, please.

Picky, picky!!

We have a fair bit of snow on the ground today.

My dad had been in hideous pain for 17 days. He was on massive amounts of morphine, but he still had pain. Even though he was basically in a coma his body was contorted with the pain and the doctors were doing everything they could think of. I wasn't there when he died, but my mom and sisters were. They said he suddenly relaxed, whispered, "I love you, I love you" and then got a smile on his face that they said was the most angelic smile they'd ever seen - and then he was gone. Knowing about that smile and his last words - I felt like he really was all right at last.

Sorry to be a downer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom