::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get her a ukulele.

Nice! Hey Don, you can show her how to play it, keep it in tune for her, what an excellent idea!

I had a similar feeling for Nanilei this year. I gave her a card, and a little iTunes gift card, and we went out for dinner, but her gift was her kakau.
She loves it, as do I.

Nice! Hey Don, you can show her how to play it, keep it in tune for her, what an excellent idea!

I had a similar feeling for Nanilei this year. I gave her a card, and a little iTunes gift card, and we went out for dinner, but her gift was her kakau.
She loves it, as do I.

Tomorrow morning I will head to Home Depot to start buying materials for the project. I'm sure she'll be thrilled with it, once it's done....

She loves it, as do I.

Have we seen a photo yet of Nanilei's finished kakau? I remember the photo of her while it was being done, but not of it finished....

You know, I've read so many posts from people who brew as a hobby and think they will open a brewery (and of course fail because skill at a hobby does not equal skill in business). But you, Ken, I think would make a success of it for sure. You have the energy and drive and enthusiasm to really make it work.

Thanks. Just need to figure out if my wife will get job in PA or we stay here...a buddy from the club is opening a brewery, right now he is looking for a location but I will gladly work for him to learn a little more before doing it myself!!

I really dislike the keyless ignition I've tried....

It works really well. The only thing I don't like is the auxiliary takes forever to turn on if I want to sit and listen to the radio without the motor running. I either have to wait until there's a pause, or I miss something.

Thanks. Just need to figure out if my wife will get job in PA or we stay here...a buddy from the club is opening a brewery, right now he is looking for a location but I will gladly work for him to learn a little more before doing it myself!!

There is a really popular place that opened near me called Hapa.

Wealthy dot commers that dabbled in beer and had too much money so they started a brewery for their friends to have a place to hang out. It's pretty cool, you can tell it was their own little hangout first. There's a half court basketball court, some game consoles in the "private" area. Darts, a few old school video games (Donkey Kong, Asteroids and Pac Man) and lots of couches. It's in a big warehouse and they only occupied a little bit of it until people talked them in to opening up to the public.

Most of their beers are "mixed" and one of the owners is in fact Hapa.

I really dislike the keyless ignition I've tried....

I rented a Volvo S80 for a week that had the keyless fob. The car did have a nice little slot to insert the fob on the dash near where you would place a key anyway if you chose to do that, to allow some semblance of familiarity. I did that for the first day. I also kept using the unlock button on the fob for the first couple of days. After about the third day,
I was used to it and left it in my pocket. It was cool, just walk up to the car, touch the door handle, it unlocks, you get in. You get out, you walk away, and you hear the doors lock after a few steps.
The only trouble I had with it? When we did valet parking - I forgot to give the key to the valet, I thought I had left it in its little slot but it was in my pocket. I remembered about two feet inside the door. Thankfully the valet had not moved the car yet.

Have we seen a photo yet of Nanilei's finished kakau? I remember the photo of her while it was being done, but not of it finished....

No, I have not taken a picture yet, I will soon. It healed up very nicely. She had a little petroglyph honu (turtle) on the underside of her left wrist that we thought was going to be a problem, but he went right through it, and the result is really neat, it is kind of like the little honu is floating on top of Keone's kakau. I saw when he was doing that part the stick he was using had only one little needle on it - amazing how something that looks primitive ended up with such detail.

It works really well. The only thing I don't like is the auxiliary takes forever to turn on if I want to sit and listen to the radio without the motor running. I either have to wait until there's a pause, or I miss something.

I have noticed in most new cars (eg: Rental Fleet) that the radio stays on and the windows still work after shutting off the car and removing the key - until you open the driver's door. That's pretty handy!

I have noticed in most new cars (eg: Rental Fleet) that the radio stays on and the windows still work after shutting off the car and removing the key - until you open the driver's door. That's pretty handy!

my windows work but the radio shuts off.

My 6th period is so lame.

We're going to have a potluck for the day of the final so the kids are brainstorming what to cook. All my other classes have it together and are preparing a feast. This is the conversation I just had:

"Mr. Yoshida we're going to make lemonade."

Can't we "make" something to eat and share?

"How about SPARKLING lemonade?"

::smh::

Sheryl and I were seriously considering playing hooky today and taking the girls to the beach. It is supposed to be weather perfection there today. She asked Emma on Friday what she would think about doing that. The response: "MOM! I have school! School is IMPORTANT!" Sheryl said we could just say we weren't feeling well that day. "MOM!!!! That would be lying! The only thing worse than missing school is lying about it! I can't believe you even suggested it!"

Sigh. My kid is even more square than I was at her age.

Apple don't fall far from the tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom