::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I went to have my eyes checked at IU school of optometry. It's very affordable and they do every test known to man on your eyes. A student, checks your eyes and then an optometrist comes in at the end and checks the students work. Took about an hour and a half.
So I'm waiting and my optometry student comes out and quickly introduces herself and says "follow me, please". I thought I saw..nevermind...we go into the room and she's arranging the equipment as I'm sitting in the chair. She turns and...... I thought of Marty Feldman...one eye was keeping a tract of New England and the other was gazing at Texas. I was trying very hard not to look and she seemed to always have her face turned a little (maybe she learned to do that?), but it was an eye exam so at some point we pretty much had to look face to face, yet I tried so hard not to look, but had that intrinsic need to see what the hell was going on and I know she's literally staring at my eyes so she can tell what I'm looking at. I thought one of them was glass for while, then ruled that out. It all went fine, but I almost thought I was in a Monty Python skit for a minute. At the end, I expected the doctor to be blind.

Today I went to have my eyes checked at IU school of optometry. It's very affordable and they do every test known to man on your eyes. A student, checks your eyes and then an optometrist comes in at the end and checks the students work. Took about an hour and a half.
So I'm waiting and my optometry student comes out and quickly introduces herself and says "follow me, please". I thought I saw..nevermind...we go into the room and she's arranging the equipment as I'm sitting in the chair. She turns and...... I thought of Marty Feldman...one eye was keeping a tract of New England and the other was gazing at Texas. I was trying very hard not to look and she seemed to always have her face turned a little (maybe she learned to do that?), but it was an eye exam so at some point we pretty much had to look face to face, yet I tried so hard not to look, but had that intrinsic need to see what the hell was going on and I know she's literally staring at my eyes so she can tell what I'm looking at. I thought one of them was glass for while, then ruled that out. It all went fine, but I almost thought I was in a Monty Python skit for a minute. At the end, I expected the doctor to be blind.

You can give Tammy a run for the money with your funny life stories. I can just picture you squirming...

It should be fine. This not my first rodeo getting a new job. I'm actually pretty good with interviews. Before I accepted the bank job I told that I would only consider it if they allow me time off for UWC. They could not do the whole week, but I was happy to have Thursday-Sunday off and I came on Wednesday night.

Austin is great but we did not get to really enjoy being there. Carlos was working all the time and too tired to do much when he had a day off and I was sick pretty much the whole time too. That was my fault for a taking a job as a toddler teacher.
We have learned what is important to us as far as where we live goes. This new apartment is close to Carlos's work and he now walks there each day. We only drive to get groceries and it is amazing. From our apartment we can walk 5 mins and get to a bunch of shops and restaurants.
My goal is to get a job I can walk to or is less than a 10 min drive.
sounds perfect!

Snork! Too funny.

Not to bad a little soggy up here.

This afternoon we were on a street where the water was at least curb high. We started through and after a couple hundred feet I was getting nervous. In the worst of it we were plowing water with the front bumper. We made it that time. I don't know if I would try it again. It must be my lucky day.

This afternoon we were on a street where the water was at least curb high. We started through and after a couple hundred feet I was getting nervous. In the worst of it we were plowing water with the front bumper. We made it that time. I don't know if I would try it again. It must be my lucky day.

On the positive side, there should not be any salt left on the underside of the van.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom